Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi

Murphdpog
Aspirant

Orbi

Can you use an ethernet port on one of the satellites to connect my Hue light ethernet connection?

Also is it possible  to keep the same wifi password on the Orbi as on my present system?

Thanks

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi

@Murphdpog wrote:

Can you use an ethernet port on one of the satellites to connect my Hue light ethernet connection?

Also is it possible  to keep the same wifi password on the Orbi as on my present system?

Thanks

The ethernet ports on the satellites function like if you were plugging into the main router. so if you'd connect the Hue to the main router, you can hook it to the satellite. 

And you can keep the same ssid/password as your present system if you're switching over. I wouldn't recommend running them at the same time though. 

Message 2 of 6
Murphdpog
Aspirant

Thanks for the info on the Ethernet connection!

How to I turnoff the old SID/password & keep the same SSID/password?

Thanks again

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

I just mean if you plan keeping the old router in use while using the orbi. then I wouldn't keep the same ssid's. You could either change the old routers ssid or the orbi's during setup.  

but you can just re-use the same ssid/password if you're replacing the router. 

Message 4 of 6
Murphdpog
Aspirant

This Orbi system is just a router so I plan to just disconnect my Linksys router & replace it with the Orbi system as the router so how can I keep the same SSID/password from the old router system. This helps in not having to setu/change the connection to all the current devise I have connected wirelessly to the system. 

Thanks 

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

That'd work. I keep the same ssid/password for my system and I change it a lot. Everythings reconnected so far 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7