Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS750 not syncing with CBR750

hd1106
Aspirant

RBS750 not syncing with CBR750

Hello all,

Recently purchased these Orbi setups and everything worked fine until firmware updates. The CBR firmware was 4.6.3.6 and the RBS firmware was 4.6.5.14. As soon as I update the CBR firmware and manually update the RBS firmware to the latest, the app doesn't detect the satellite anymore, but the internet still seems to be connected. So, I tried resetting both router and satellite with no luck. I tried calling support and we managed to downgrade the firmware on the satellite and connect back to the internet but won't show up on attached devices. Anyone else have similar issues? Help!

Message 1 of 8
StefanHans
Aspirant

Vielen Dank, dass Sie so großartige Informationen mit uns geteilt haben. Ihr Beitrag ist nützlich und die Informationen sind zuverlässig für neue Leser. Nochmals vielen Dank für das Teilen eines so nützlichen Beitrags für mehr Besuch anker gutscheincode

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW did you update the CBR too? 

Message 3 of 8
DamianM
NETGEAR Moderator

Dear Customer,

You have contacted the German-speaking NETGEAR Community.

We are able to support you only in this particular language. If you decide to contact us in German, please rewrite your question and/or describe your issue/problem so everybody can understand and participate if they want.

Kind Regards,
DamianM
NETGEAR Community

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@hd1106 wrote:

Hello all,

Recently purchased these Orbi setups and everything worked fine until firmware updates. The CBR firmware was 4.6.3.6 and the RBS firmware was 4.6.5.14. As soon as I update the CBR firmware and manually update the RBS firmware to the latest, the app doesn't detect the satellite anymore, but the internet still seems to be connected. So, I tried resetting both router and satellite with no luck. I tried calling support and we managed to downgrade the firmware on the satellite and connect back to the internet but won't show up on attached devices. Anyone else have similar issues? Help!

Message 5 of 8
hd1106
Aspirant

I ended up going with the latest firmware (4.6.5.8).

Message 6 of 8
hd1106
Aspirant

Hello,

Yes, I ended up just updating both router and satellite with the latest firmwares. The satellite shows up on the network map now as (Netgear) instead of the model number. Everything seems to be working fine. I just left it alone and it automatically updated on the application a day or 2 later. Here is a screenshot...

IMG_3313.PNG

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What it look like on the CBRs web page under Connected Devices? 

So you have v4.6.5.8 on the CBR and v4.6.5.14 on the RBS? 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7