Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS760 Satellite is not Syncing with CBR750

marwan_zakaria
Aspirant

RBS760 Satellite is not Syncing with CBR750

I had CBR750 with two satellite RBS750 and they all worked. I need more coverage, so I purchased the most recent satellite (and the only one available) a RBS760. The problems started.

I updated the firmware to the absolute latest. The new satellite RBS760 does not sync the SSID and always defaults to its SSID. I have tried rebooting, updating FW and finally re-set and start from scratch. Nothing worked.

I need help.

I have V4.6.14.4 on the CBR750, and V4.6.14.3 on the RBS750, and V6.3.6.4 on the RBS760 (with message stating update failed. I did try multiple times but the update failed does not go away).

Message 1 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Since the RBS760 is newly purchased, it should be eligible for Netgear's 90 days of "complimentary support".  It might be worth contacting Netgear to resolve an apparent conflict:

It appears that maybe this satellite will not work with the existing system.

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

@marwan_zakaria wrote:

I had CBR750 with two satellite RBS750 and they all worked. I need more coverage, so I purchased the most recent satellite (and the only one available) a RBS760. The problems started.

I updated the firmware to the absolute latest. The new satellite RBS760 does not sync the SSID and always defaults to its SSID. I have tried rebooting, updating FW and finally re-set and start from scratch. Nothing worked.

I need help.

I have V4.6.14.4 on the CBR750, and V4.6.14.3 on the RBS750, and V6.3.6.4 on the RBS760 (with message stating update failed. I did try multiple times but the update failed does not go away).

Message 3 of 8
marwan_zakaria
Aspirant

I did check the table. You are absolutely correct. CBR750 is not compatible with RBS750. I lost $250 now. I had assumed an RBS760 which is a newer model should be compatible with a router just few months old. Bad assumption. Thanks
Message 4 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

If you are able to reach Netgear support, it might be worth a call

because......

sometimes the meaning of "compatible" is complicated.  For example, satellites may not be 'compatible' with the 960 router because they do not support WiFi6E. Whether they would sync up and simply not broadcast the 6E channel is a mystery.

RBS760 satellites are going for just over $150 on eBay right now. I have purchased on eBay, but never attempted to sell anything.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

@marwan_zakaria wrote:
I did check the table. You are absolutely correct. CBR750 is not compatible with RBS750. I lost $250 now. I had assumed an RBS760 which is a newer model should be compatible with a router just few months old. Bad assumption. Thanks

I presume you meant to day that the CBR750 is not compatible with RBS760? 

Message 6 of 8
marwan_zakaria
Aspirant

Correct. Typo
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors