Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Red power flashes ones

Rune777
Aspirant

Red power flashes ones

Hi guys

My CBR40 just abrouptly stopped working. When i unplugg it or turn the power on off, the power LED on the front just flashes red one time then nothing. I tried to do a factory reset but still no chandge. Any suggestions on how to get the unity to work?

thanks

Rune

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Rune777
Aspirant

Re: Red power flashes ones

I tried to do a factory reset, and re install everything. For some reason the green LED light never comes and it cant connected to the service provider, i get a local network working but i cant connect to the internet... I know the cable connection is good as i have tried an old modem and had spectrum swap mac address... Bummer that the product only lasts two years and then breaks...

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you try a different power supply with same spec as original? 

Can you access the CBRs web at all? 

Message 3 of 5
Rune777
Aspirant

I have tried that and it doesnt help. The power works and i can connect locally to it, it but it fails to connect to the cable service provider. The LED light on the front dont glow, but the rings on top does. so when im resetting it up the network light never comes on

I just updated it to it to the latest firmware and still no luck...

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page if you can get to that section in the CBRs web page. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://www.duckware.com/tech/solving-intermittent-cable-modem-issues.html

So try this, Power OFF the CBR. 
Disconnect the CBR from the coax line. Power ON the CBR and see if you can still access the CBRs web page?

MIght try a full on ERASE from the Advanced tab/Admin/Backup Settings section. Does the front LED blink after the CBR resets with out the Coax cable connected? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7