Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Roku spectrum tv app freezing

Hbilliam
Initiate

Roku spectrum tv app freezing

When trying to stream Spectrum TV app using my roku device, it freezes up after a few seconds.  Spectrum TV says they are aware of the issue, roku tells me they are working with Specturm regarding the app interface with roku...however, one member of the roku community says their Spectrum tv app service folks says the issue is with netgear not the spectrum app.  Any one have a similar issue?

Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
Hbilliam
Initiate

Re: Roku spectrum tv app freezing

I discovered that if you are using netgear ORBI and you disable orbi armor, the freeze up issue goes away.  

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-Firmware-issue/m-p/1858781/highlight/true#M81963

@Hbilliam wrote:

When trying to stream Spectrum TV app using my roku device, it freezes up after a few seconds.  Spectrum TV says they are aware of the issue, roku tells me they are working with Specturm regarding the app interface with roku...however, one member of the roku community says their Spectrum tv app service folks says the issue is with netgear not the spectrum app.  Any one have a similar issue?

Message 2 of 14
SoCalSteel
Aspirant

I take care of my inlaws house and have the same issue.  A Spectrum engineer is supposed to call me within 48 hours.  We will see.  If I get any pertanent infomation I will pass it on.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-Firmware-issue/m-p/1858781/highlight/true#M81963

@Hbilliam wrote:

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes...

@SoCalSteel wrote:

I take care of my inlaws house and have the same issue.  A Spectrum engineer is supposed to call me within 48 hours.  We will see.  If I get any pertanent infomation I will pass it on.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Hbilliam wrote:

Message 4 of 14
Hbilliam
Initiate

I discovered that if you are using netgear ORBI and you disable orbi armor, the freeze up issue goes away.  

Message 5 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome. Thanks for letting us know. I would post about this over in the Armor forum. 

Enjoy. 

Message 6 of 14
jkandcrew
Initiate

I reset my Orbi to factory settings then reinstalled it via the Orbi app just as I did the day I received it.  It offered a free trial of Armor and I declined.  Spectrum app has been working for almost an hour without freezing.  Had to be the Armor security causing it.  Just so happened the Spectrum app started freezing around the time the original "free trial" expired.  

Joey

Message 7 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome. Thanks for letting us know.

Enjoy. 

@jkandcrew wrote:

I reset my Orbi to factory settings then reinstalled it via the Orbi app just as I did the day I received it.  It offered a free trial of Armor and I declined.  Spectrum app has been working for almost an hour without freezing.  Had to be the Armor security causing it.  Just so happened the Spectrum app started freezing around the time the original "free trial" expired.  

Joey

Message 8 of 14
Clarknow
Initiate

I dont have armor activated when i click on it in the app it takes me to a web page that has no on off switch.
I had spectrum bring out one of there wireless modems and everything works fine
I restored my orbi to factory condition
Now when i connect to the spectrum app it throws out a code RPL-1006 and wont even let me access the app

You tube tv and ever other app works fine with Orbi.
Netgear wanted to charge me 119 dollars to work on my system.
Thats unbelievable that after i told the this issue resides in there firmware with the deductive investigation i have completed.
Any other solutions available
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 14
NGNG
Aspirant

I had the same problem with Spectrum TV freezing with a Roku stick via an Orbi router with an expired trial of Armor.  After multiple "factory resets" of Orbi I could never prevent Armor from reinstalling when using the Orbi phone App.  There was no option to not install Armor and the Security link always brought me to a web page to purchase Armor.

Finally on my second call to Netgear we found a solution.  2 hours into my call we realized that you can setup Orbi via a hardwired PC instead of using the iPhone App.  I believe we used www.orbilogin.com where my Orbi system could be reinstalled and the installation of the Armor protection could be declined.  Now when I look on the Orbi iPhone App the Armor shows "not activated" instead of "expired"....AND MY SPECTRUM TV APP RUNS WITHOUT FREEZING....so far.

I am thankful to the contributors on this forum and on the Roku forum for figuring the cause of this problem.  I hope that Netgear and Spectrum will read these forums and work together to come up with a permanent solution!

Message 10 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the mfr and model# of the ISP modem your using with your RBR? Built in router at the modem by chance? 

@Clarknow wrote:
I dont have armor activated when i click on it in the app it takes me to a web page that has no on off switch.
I had spectrum bring out one of there wireless modems and everything works fine
I restored my orbi to factory condition
Now when i connect to the spectrum app it throws out a code RPL-1006 and wont even let me access the app

You tube tv and ever other app works fine with Orbi.
Netgear wanted to charge me 119 dollars to work on my system.
Thats unbelievable that after i told the this issue resides in there firmware with the deductive investigation i have completed.
Any other solutions available

Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

What Orbi system do you have? 

@NGNG wrote:

I had the same problem with Spectrum TV freezing with a Roku stick via an Orbi router with an expired trial of Armor.  After multiple "factory resets" of Orbi I could never prevent Armor from reinstalling when using the Orbi phone App.  There was no option to not install Armor and the Security link always brought me to a web page to purchase Armor.

Finally on my second call to Netgear we found a solution.  2 hours into my call we realized that you can setup Orbi via a hardwired PC instead of using the iPhone App.  I believe we used www.orbilogin.com where my Orbi system could be reinstalled and the installation of the Armor protection could be declined.  Now when I look on the Orbi iPhone App the Armor shows "not activated" instead of "expired"....AND MY SPECTRUM TV APP RUNS WITHOUT FREEZING....so far.

I am thankful to the contributors on this forum and on the Roku forum for figuring the cause of this problem.  I hope that Netgear and Spectrum will read these forums and work together to come up with a permanent solution!

Message 12 of 14
NGNG
Aspirant

I have an Orbi RBR 40 router with 2 wall plug in satellites.

Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Smiley Wink

@NGNG wrote:

I have an Orbi RBR 40 router with 2 wall plug in satellites.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7