Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Dropping Internet Connection- CBK40-100NAS

jarwilke
Follower

Router Dropping Internet Connection- CBK40-100NAS

Model: CBK40-100NAS

The system is constantly dropping the internet connection. I will power cycle and It will happen soon after.

Firmware: 2.3.5.12_1.0.8

I have confirmed with the ISP (Suddenlink) and neighbors that there are no outages in our area.

Provided the ISP with the device MAC address.

I have spent quite a bit of time with Netgear Technical support. They suggested changing the channels- didnt really help.

I have the satellite (RBS20) connected by ethernet in the basement

I have attached the event log to see if that additional information can help.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router Dropping Internet Connection- CBK40-100NAS

Is the CBR40 dropping wired internet access with a wired PC? 

Is there any top led ring inidication turning on? Pink or Blue? White? 

Bsure your using good quality RG6 coax cable between the ISP service box and the CBR40. 

Ensure there are no coax line splitters between the ISP service box and the CBR40.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@jarwilke wrote:

The system is constantly dropping the internet connection. I will power cycle and It will happen soon after.

I have confirmed with the ISP (Suddenlink) and neighbors that there are no outages in our area.

I have spent quite a bit of time with Netgear Technical support. They suggested changing the channels- didnt really help.

Message 2 of 5
Techie15
Aspirant

Mine keeps dropping connection intermittently. Everything I have read here states (thousands of complaints) that the firmware update has caused this problem. I tried to reinstall older version but upon reboot it automatically updates firmware!
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

Check for coax cable line splitters in between the CBR40 and ISP service box. 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@Techie15 wrote:
Mine keeps dropping connection intermittently. Everything I have read here states (thousands of complaints) that the firmware update has caused this problem. I tried to reinstall older version but upon reboot it automatically updates firmware!

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any updates on this? 

@jarwilke wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7