Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router and Orbi setup

mrmaz25
Aspirant

Router and Orbi setup

I have recently purchased a Nighthawk X10 AD7200 smart wifi router and the Arlo Pro 2 (3) camera security system. I have all Apple computers, phones, and tablets, including the time machine backup system which I am currently using for the wifi network. Since they decided to not support, or at least not produce the wifi network products anymore I am trying to wrap my head around what I need for my 2100 sq foot home. I have the Nighthawk X10 router and I have the cable modem via Cox internet. What am I going to need to make this a killer system that is very secure and friendly to keep up to date? I also have the CUJO spam filter plugged in right after my current modem )not the Nighthawk X10, I don't have it installed yet) Any help is appreciated  

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

The x10 should cover your home and some out side. 

Any cable modem will connect to any of the NG routers. Orbi or other router model.

The CBK/R modems already have a bulit in cable modem. So this model you may not need. 

If your looking for a more full range and more coverage, then the RBK/R 40 and 50 series models would be something you would want to look into. These don't have a built in cable modem and are just the router and satellites. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
mrmaz25
Aspirant

I have the Samsung SmarThings system hooked up to all of my light switches and other enabled smart home devices. I don't know if this is pertinent information but I thought I would include it as a reply. Thanks

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you asking for help with your X10 NH router or considering a different solution with a Orbi system with built in cable modem?

If your asking for help and info about your x10 router, you need to post here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Over all for a 2100sq ft home, the x10 will cover it well, should at least.

Message 3 of 7
mrmaz25
Aspirant

I was asking about the best way to cover my home in my case, I bought the router and was going to use it with my existing cable modem but now that Apple is discontinuing their line of wifi products I guess I'm wondering what best suits me if I already have the router. I would need to cover outdoors too, I live in Arizona and we need the coverage to go outdoors around the pool, about 25 feet at the farthest point. What Orbi product would best suit me if I already own the Nighthawk X10 and have a cable as the connection point for the internet coming into my house. I haven't even taken the plastic off the box so without looking I don't believe this router has the cable hookup needed. Do I need to buy the Orbi system with the router just so I can connect to my internet feed from Cox cable? Just looking for some help with what people think about my situation and what you all, who know the Netgear products better than I, how to accomplish what I need to do. I hope that clarifies it and not complicates it 

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

The x10 should cover your home and some out side. 

Any cable modem will connect to any of the NG routers. Orbi or other router model.

The CBK/R modems already have a bulit in cable modem. So this model you may not need. 

If your looking for a more full range and more coverage, then the RBK/R 40 and 50 series models would be something you would want to look into. These don't have a built in cable modem and are just the router and satellites. 

Message 5 of 7
mrmaz25
Aspirant

Thanks a lot I appreciate your insight

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors