Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router physical address

Ironsov
Follower

Router physical address

I'm having an issue where I setup my Router at one physical location, never connected it to internet, and deployed it to another physical location since it didn't suit my needs. The challenge is that now anyone who connects to Router at second physical location has their maps, weather, and other apps say they are at first location 20 miles away. This is a geolocation problem within the router itself in my mind, but did not see place to manage that in config.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Routers don't do anything when it comes to the geolocation services by Apple, Google/Android, Microsoft, .... the router has no idea where it's installed. Devices with location services are updating databases with some correlation data like SSID/wireless name, LAN and WLAN MAC addresses. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the CBR40 and setup from scratch.

@Ironsov wrote:
I'm having an issue where I setup my Router at one physical location, never connected it to internet, and deployed it to another physical location since it didn't suit my needs. The challenge is that now anyone who connects to Router at second physical location has their maps, weather, and other apps say they are at first location 20 miles away. This is a geolocation problem within the router itself in my mind, but did not see place to manage that in config.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7