Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router timing out.

Afirestar7
Aspirant

Router timing out.

I keep trying to change my router settings. (Update access control). When I go to apply settings the progress bar gets to about 80% then I get the time out error page. After the time out other devices can connect to the network but there is no internet. Have to unplug the router, reset to factory setting, and initial setup to get internet access. I tried it with Circle and Armor on and off.

Is there any fix to allow me control over my router settings again or am I stuck with a "dumb" router?
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router timing out.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What browser are you using? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 4
Afirestar7
Aspirant

I am useing the most reason firmware of 2.3.5.12_1.0.8.  I tried to access the router with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, because nothing was working.  I didn't do a restart before the router stoped working but I underwent 9+ restarts and initional start-ups while troubleshooting before posting here.  If there is any other information that may help please let me know.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the CBR. If this still causes problems I would open a support ticket with NG support:

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7