Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite wifi flickers off several times per day, wired devices fine.

SteenSN
Tutor

Satellite wifi flickers off several times per day, wired devices fine.

SETUP: CBK752 — Orbi WiFi 6 DOCSIS 3.1 Mesh WiFi System with Built-in Cable Modem (1) Orbi Cable Modem Router (CBR750) + (1) Orbi Satellite (RBS750)

Setup in a 3200 Sq Ft House, satellite and router are opposite ends of the hours, like 70 ft apart and 4 walls. So not interference. I ran CAT6 myself and terminated the ends, they are fine. Only direct wifi is broadcast by the printer in same room and a low stength "2.4G Extender" from neighbor that is rarely visible. Firmware V4.6.3.16_2.0.51 Router, V4.6.3.16 Satellite. Armor off, 20/40 Mhz coexist off, short preamble.

PROBLEM: My issues is that the Satellite is located within my office, I have the wifi dropping out 3-20 times a day as I am working, tried to connect to main (not close enough for any usable speed)

TRIED: I ran through all the recommended settings changes from the many threads here, didnt help. I now have a wired connection for my computer to the satellite, no issues at all for a week on the computer but Echo, Apple Watch, Samsung TV, iPad, and iPhone keep dropping still, so it isn't the Satellite losing connection from the backhaul cable. I have no degredation in speed hardwired to the Satellite while the wireless is having issues.

Is this just a defenctive satellite? No issues with the router.
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellite wifi flickers off several times per day, wired devices fine.

Has the system been turned OFF for a good 1-2 hours, then back ON with the CBR first then RBS lastly? 

Is the RBS ethernet connected directly to the back of the CBR or is there a LAN switch in between? 

Message 2 of 8
SteenSN
Tutor

I have not left the system off for that long.

Direct connection with cables I terminated myself. But remember, the wired devices never lose connection. While my iPad (and other devices) are unable to connect to the satellite my computer is fine hardwired, full speed, no degredation.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, I would try a factory reset on the RBS and power it off for 5 minutes. I would remove the RBS from the RBRs web page after the RBS is turned OFF. Then power ON the RBS and resync it using wireless first. Use the sync button on the RBS then RBR. Wait for the front LED to turn BLUE then OFF. After then connect the RBS via ethernet to the RBR. 

What channels are you using on the CBR?

Has the system been factory reset and setup from scratch since last update? 

Message 4 of 8
SteenSN
Tutor

I have factroy reset and left off for 5 min. 

2.4GHz Channel:11
5GHz Channel:36

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You might try downgrading the RBS back to last v3 version of FW...

Is the 2.4Ghz channel set for Auto is that manually set for channel 11? 

Message 6 of 8
SteenSN
Tutor

I'll look into downgrading.

I set to 11 manually.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Try setting the RBR to auto on 2.4Ghz. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7