Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Significant Drop in download speed cbr750

Triggs21
Star

In my case i dont think its a coax or even an xfinity issue, it was a new house with new coax getting legit 950 down steadily after multiple tests then immediately after the firmware upgrade now only getting max 650 down. Factory resetting did not help obvi since its still on the same firmware after the reset.
Message 26 of 65
Tinslep
Star

I followed your reset instructions this afternoon and still no change in wireless performance. Satellite refuses to connect to more then one or two of my 36 devices. Used to connect to 10+.

@Tinslep wrote:

FURRYe38 Appreciate your info. This is pretty much what tech support had me do. I will try it again on a quiet day. 

This is way to much to ask a regular user to do. I have recomended this product to others who now have the same issues.

Netgear should allow a rollback or more ideally a update to Comcast to fix the issues.

This update should have been sent out to a beta group to test before rolling it out to everyone. 

Message 27 of 65
Beantowm111
Apprentice

I have an Orbi 850 with Xfinity gig plus. When I upgraded to the new firmware I to went from 1100-1300 down to 800-900.
I checked with Xfinity and this is definitely a Netgear issue. Anyone gotten a response from the as to a fix?
Message 28 of 65
LJ3000
Guide

I started this thread and I checked my satellites and only one or two devices will connect to them too. I don’t know how many people are having this issue but if it’s a small percentage of people based on when we bought our hardware, we will never get a fix. Netgear has missed two scheduled callbacks with me. I am super frustrated with this situation and I agree that Production testing should have been done prior to a firmware release. Although I doubt a big company like Netgear would release an update that crippled the majority of their customers. I work for a large company and stuff is tested so many times that it rarely has issues and if it does, a fix is done immediately or there is a rollback strategy.
Message 29 of 65
Beantowm111
Apprentice

I always assumed the Orbi App correctly reflected speed from modem (also Netgear), given I paid for xfinity gig + speed. I know it drops after that (or at least I have been told that) but now wondering if it ever was correct and if I ever received gig + speed.
Message 30 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "Orbi with Cable modem " forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

@Beantowm111 wrote:
I have an Orbi 850 with Xfinity gig plus. When I upgraded to the new firmware I to went from 1100-1300 down to 800-900.
I checked with Xfinity and this is definitely a Netgear issue. Anyone gotten a response from the as to a fix?

Message 31 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch?

Are you speed testing using the Orbi app or CBRs onboard speed test app, or using external speed test apps on a wired PC? 

I'll see if I can get someone to look into this again for you. 

@LJ3000 wrote:
I started this thread and I checked my satellites and only one or two devices will connect to them too. I don’t know how many people are having this issue but if it’s a small percentage of people based on when we bought our hardware, we will never get a fix. Netgear has missed two scheduled callbacks with me. I am super frustrated with this situation and I agree that Production testing should have been done prior to a firmware release. Although I doubt a big company like Netgear would release an update that crippled the majority of their customers. I work for a large company and stuff is tested so many times that it rarely has issues and if it does, a fix is done immediately or there is a rollback strategy.

Message 32 of 65
Dellman87
Star

Like an idiot I did the update and my wifi speeds have suffered a lot AND it drops all coverage 2x a day. 

Message 33 of 65
Triggs21
Star

Your dropping wifi coverage now too? I thought it was my provider! I am experiencing the same issues and have also reached out to netgear support to no avail. WTF! Netgear you have the power to help us! Roll back that last firmware update! This is not right can anyone from Netgear please comment on this and help us?!? My wife works from home and this is killing us!
Message 34 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you contact NG support and ask for help and information regarding this. 

@Triggs21 wrote:
Your dropping wifi coverage now too? I thought it was my provider! I am experiencing the same issues and have also reached out to netgear support to no avail. WTF! Netgear you have the power to help us! Roll back that last firmware update! This is not right can anyone from Netgear please comment on this and help us?!? My wife works from home and this is killing us!

Message 35 of 65
Triggs21
Star

Switched to an older orbi model just to test my theory and since then we havent had any disconnection or incorrect speed readings. Whereas on the wifi 6 model and the most recent firmware we were experiencing disconnects at least twice a day.
Message 36 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you contact NG support and ask for help and information regarding this. 

Message 37 of 65
Triggs21
Star

I already did. I am posting my troubleshooting tips for other people who may be experiencing the same problem
Message 38 of 65
Dellman87
Star

Another day of all day dropped signal while I was at work. Got home, reset it. Worked fine since. This is getting annoying!
Message 39 of 65
Tinslep
Star

I was able to upgrade my RBS 750 satellite software today from the Netgear support page. Neither the CBR or RBS were showing a upgrade available through the web interface.

This drop in speed is a known issue and has been going on way to long! I sure hope we see a CBR 750 upgrade that fixes this soon, but I am on Comcast and they seem to be very slow at updates.

If nothing changes by end of year I will switch to T-Mobile home internet when my contract is up. I will not pay for speeds I am not getting through the CBK 752 Orbi system.
Message 40 of 65
Dellman87
Star

Message 41 of 65
Tinslep
Star

I was able to pull v4.6.5.14 for the RBS750 satellite. V4.6.3.6 is still current for the CBR750 modem/router.
Message 42 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

The CBR doesn't have a FW update as of yet. You can update the RBS to v14. This is supposed to fix odd sync issues seen on the RBS. 

Were seeing some better results in v14 FW. 

@Dellman87 wrote:
I still see 4.6.3.6?

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/cbr750.aspx#CBR750%20(Orbi%20Cable%20Router)%20Firmware%20Ve...

Message 43 of 65
Triggs21
Star

Contacted NG support and have an open support ticket on this product. So incredibly frustrated at this point. They sent me out an RMA (router only) and it does the same intermittent disconnection of internet completely at random points during the day. Ive never been more frustrated with a company in all my life, used to only buy netgear now im not sure I can even recommend them. So i basically have a $600 pair of paperweights that are useless to me (only 6 months old) Had to revert back to my old slower cbk40 to run any sort of stable internet. No drop outs no loss of connection on the older orbi setup. Why is there no solution here?!?
Message 44 of 65
Dellman87
Star

Preach. I have offline issues every 5 days or so. I just unplug it and plug it back in 30 seconds later and it works again. It's rough when you're watching a show.
Message 45 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you been in contact with NG support yet? 

Message 46 of 65
Dellman87
Star

I'm out of warranty, there is no point. Just waiting for an update to be pushed out to fix the problem.
Message 47 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 48 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

New FW is out:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/New-CBR750-Firmware-Version-4-6-5-8-...

@Dellman87 wrote:
Preach. I have offline issues every 5 days or so. I just unplug it and plug it back in 30 seconds later and it works again. It's rough when you're watching a show.

Message 49 of 65
Dellman87
Star

I'll be the test monkey
Message 50 of 65
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 64 replies
  • 27 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements