Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Significant Drop in download speed cbr750

Dellman87
Star

Wifi was down for 2.5 hours this morning when I woke up. Pulled the power, plugged it back in, it kicked back on.....
Message 51 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you power OFF the CBR after applying the FW update? 

As factory reset maybe needed....

@Dellman87 wrote:
Wifi was down for 2.5 hours this morning when I woke up. Pulled the power, plugged it back in, it kicked back on.....

Message 52 of 65
Dellman87
Star

Yes, I applied a full system restart
Message 53 of 65
stjames70
Guide

I applied the latest firmware -- and finally the CBR 750 is living to be better than its promise. I have 1.2Mbps service from Xfinity, but I having been getting 1.3-1.4Mbps download speeds. Look at the attached file. 

IMG_3824.PNGScreen Shot 2021-11-04 at 7.32.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-04 at 7.33.36 PM.png

Message 54 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Backup configuration to file:
Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@stjames70 wrote:

I applied the latest firmware -- and finally the CBR 750 is living to be better than its promise. I have 1.2Mbps service from Xfinity, but I having been getting 1.3-1.4Mbps download speeds. Look at the attached file. 

IMG_3824.PNGScreen Shot 2021-11-04 at 7.32.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-04 at 7.33.36 PM.png

Message 55 of 65
Triggs21
Star

Still having issues after update... can confirm speeds are back to normal BUT still having internet disconnections on satellite and router/modem. Had to go back to cbr40 to get sometype of normalcy back. After yesterdays update the cbr750 would be steady for afew hours then lose internet connection (purple bottom light flashing on router) Was really hoping firmware would help stability along with speed issues, only fixed 1 out of 2.

Is there a specific reason my older docsis 3.0 will work with no disconnects but this new one wont, even after full factory reset?

Does the 750 require a stronger signal than the cbr40? Am I missing something simple?? I have coax splitter going from my cable box then modem like ive always had... doesnt seem to bother the cbr40 but the 750 doesnt remain stable no matter what I do?
Message 56 of 65
stjames70
Guide

I did remove all the splitters between my modem and the cable coming from Comcast. Also when I first put in the CBR 750, it did take a few days for it to stabilize itself. 

Message 57 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@stjames70 wrote:

I did remove all the splitters between my modem and the cable coming from Comcast. Also when I first put in the CBR 750, it did take a few days for it to stabilize itself. 

Message 58 of 65
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have fixed this by switching my main Orbi to AP mode then back to router mode. It did a reset by itself and now the speed are back up to normal after 4 weeks of slow speeds following the update.
Message 59 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

What NG Orbi model do you have?

@Retired_Member wrote:
I have fixed this by switching my main Orbi to AP mode then back to router mode. It did a reset by itself and now the speed are back up to normal after 4 weeks of slow speeds following the update.

Message 60 of 65
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the rbr 750 triband with firmware v4.6.5.14
And app version 2.13.1.4
Message 61 of 65
Cdhappz
Aspirant

So after the new firmware the speed tests have increased back to normal speeds. I however was experiencing a separate issue. My internet was still unstable. Meaning randomly I would get a connected but no internet message on my galaxy s21. Also my family would have major issues using FaceTime on their iPhone. I finally traced the issue to my Samsung TV! Here's the issue and I suspect others may have this problem. The orbi does not have separate selections for 2.4 and 5ghz networks, the router decides internally which device goes on what network. My brand new Samsung smart tv according to samasung operates on the 2.4ghz wifi but when I checked in the orbi it was connected to the 5ghz connection. On the Samsung forums it is stated it is possible to connect to the 5ghz network but you need to connect to the 2.4ghz for stable function. So since I can not do that thanks to the orbis fantastic programing(heavy sarcasm) I have disabled my internet connection through the TV itself and have bypassed it with a firestick. While I'm happy I was able to work around this issue cheaply I am unhappy I had to do this at all. As much as I love the orbi some of the features are not great from a software standpoint and need improvement. Hope this helps others and I will be starting a separate thread for this issue in hopes others might be saved from weeks/months of frustration
Message 62 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX as the RBK differs from the CBR750. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

@Retired_Member wrote:
I have the rbr 750 triband with firmware v4.6.5.14
And app version 2.13.1.4

Message 63 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, it's up to wifi devices to pick and chose where they connect too. Orb only provides the platform and radios to connect too. If devices are dual band, then most devices will choose 5Ghz over 2.4Ghz since 5Ghz offers higher speeds and for some, better performances over 2.4Ghz. So if the Samsung TV recommends 2.4Ghz over 5Ghz this seems that that Mfr needs to tune up there TV FW to work better on 5Ghz. However there maybe a distance issue as well if the TV is too far from the RBR or RBS, it may not switch to 2.4Ghz in which the TV FW seems to still need some tuning. You can help this by changing the power output on the CBR750 on the 5Ghz radio from 100% to 50% or try 25% and see if the TV will switch to 2.4Ghz. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

You can also see if setting CTS to 2347 on the CBR will help. 
Also try disabling AX mode on 2.4Ghz on the CBR under the Basic Tab/Wireless settings. Remove the check mark next to 2.4G. Apply the setting.

@Cdhappz wrote:
So after the new firmware the speed tests have increased back to normal speeds. I however was experiencing a separate issue. My internet was still unstable. Meaning randomly I would get a connected but no internet message on my galaxy s21. Also my family would have major issues using FaceTime on their iPhone. I finally traced the issue to my Samsung TV! Here's the issue and I suspect others may have this problem. The orbi does not have separate selections for 2.4 and 5ghz networks, the router decides internally which device goes on what network. My brand new Samsung smart tv according to samasung operates on the 2.4ghz wifi but when I checked in the orbi it was connected to the 5ghz connection. On the Samsung forums it is stated it is possible to connect to the 5ghz network but you need to connect to the 2.4ghz for stable function. So since I can not do that thanks to the orbis fantastic programing(heavy sarcasm) I have disabled my internet connection through the TV itself and have bypassed it with a firestick. While I'm happy I was able to work around this issue cheaply I am unhappy I had to do this at all. As much as I love the orbi some of the features are not great from a software standpoint and need improvement. Hope this helps others and I will be starting a separate thread for this issue in hopes others might be saved from weeks/months of frustration

Message 64 of 65
Cdhappz
Aspirant

I agree this is a samsung tv issue I just wanted to put this out there because it could be causing someone else's instability and random wifi disconnects. I really don't want to limit the range of the 5ghz network as none of my other devices have this issue. I also don't think distance is an issue as the TV is a max of 20 feet away from the router. I'll attach the samsung forum screenshot stating basically what I am talking about. For me the firestick was a better work around because that connects with no issues
Message 65 of 65
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 64 replies
  • 27 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7