Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to access webpages with new ORBI

gglasgow
Follower

Unable to access webpages with new ORBI

Good afternoon.  I just purchased an ORBI Wi-Fi mesh system with a satelite receiver.  The install was easy and fast.  However, when I go to my iPhone and attempt to access a webpage, I am asked for my login credentials.  From a laptop, I get the error 404 page.  When I switch back to my oroginal network, I do not experience this issue.  I'm not sure if I can keep the two networks with televisions just being on the Orbi and phones and laptops being on my original network,; or if I should bridge the two devices.  Please keep in mind I am very challenged when it comes to stuff like this.  Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable to access webpages with new ORBI

its sounding like you're in a double nat if you've got mor ethan one wifi networks.  

What orbi model is it? you put cbr40 in your signature but then that'd be primary.

What other model is hooked up providing the other wireless? 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Unable to access webpages with new ORBI

If the OP is using the CBK40 system, then there wouldn't be a double NAT condition. As the CBR40 is the modem gateway. There would be no other router infront of the CBR40. 

Need to user to confirm they have the CBK40 system or the Orbi RBK## system? 

What ISP service are you using and what modem did you have prior to the CBK40 or what is being currently used. 

@gglasgow wrote:

Good afternoon.  I just purchased an ORBI Wi-Fi mesh system with a satelite receiver.  The install was easy and fast.  However, when I go to my iPhone and attempt to access a webpage, I am asked for my login credentials.  From a laptop, I get the error 404 page.  When I switch back to my oroginal network, I do not experience this issue.  I'm not sure if I can keep the two networks with televisions just being on the Orbi and phones and laptops being on my original network,; or if I should bridge the two devices.  Please keep in mind I am very challenged when it comes to stuff like this.  Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7