Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upgrade Your Internet Experience With The Orbi WiFi 6 With Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Upgrade Your Internet Experience With The Orbi WiFi 6 With Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

CHP_PRODUCT_CBR750_2020-9-8_COMM.jpg

The newest member of the Orbi WiFi 6 family has arrived and it’s packed with features that is designed to meet the growing demands of your home network. The brand new, all-in-one Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 System with built-in DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem combines the latest and greatest internet and WiFi technologies to give you the ultimate smart home experience. The Orbi CBK752 supports the fastest Gigabit speed plans from your Internet Service Provider, gives you more capacity for even more connected devices, and of course, Orbi’s award-winning whole home WiFi coverage. For homes that need the best connection possible to avoid buffering, lag, or coverage issues while working and learning from home or for entertainment, Orbi’s powerful mesh WiFi 6 system with built-in cable modem is sure to handle the needs of your home. Even more, by upgrading your equipment and losing the ISP rental lease, you’ll get the best performance possible while saving up to $168 per year on rental fees.

Read our Blog to learn more about the Orbi WiFi 6 with Built-in Cable Modem: https://blog.netgear.com/blog/enhance-your-home-network-with-the-orbi-mesh-wifi-6-system-with-docsis...

Message 1 of 33
kate1976
Initiate

Re: Upgrade Your Internet Experience With The Orbi WiFi 6 With Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

Is this a modem and router all in One? What companies use this model? I bought a Netgear Nighthawk first time with Netgear, mostly use 2 other brands, thought I would give you a chance. Tech personal from Sparklight worked with me for two days, tried calling Netgear 3 times in 2 days because we could never get a full connection. Each time on waited for 30 minutes then the line cut off. It was brought back to the store. Sparkling is looking at taking that one off their approved list and I will never buy another product. If I can't get through to a customer service tech in an hour and half waiting, this was the 2nd most expensive router/modem you have on the market. Last year for Christmas bought 4 cable modem routers for 4 sons and family. Bought 2 netgear 2 motorol. 1- netgear never could get hooked up even after working with your team and second one stopped working at 14 months. Out of warranty. No replacement. Both Motorola still going strong and both very easy to set up. This was my third TIME WITH a Netgear product would NOT recommend Poor Customer Service even during pre-pandemic times. Even during these times, you said to be patient and registered netgear persons receive priority. 30 minutes 3 times is not priority, don't use the pandemic as an excuse, get MORE tech. People.

Model: C7500|Nighthawk X4-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 2 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes.

Cable ISP services. 

What are you having problems with? 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Ive had my CBK40 connected a couple of years ago to Cableone, prior SparkLight. Worked very well for me. Ive not put it online since Sparklight took over. Been using NGs CM series modems since. Now on a CAX80 from NG. 

@kate1976 wrote:
Is this a modem and router all in One? What companies use this model? I bought a Netgear Nighthawk first time with Netgear, mostly use 2 other brands, thought I would give you a chance. Tech personal from Sparklight worked with me for two days, tried calling Netgear 3 times in 2 days because we could never get a full connection. Each time on waited for 30 minutes then the line cut off. It was brought back to the store. Sparkling is looking at taking that one off their approved list and I will never buy another product. If I can't get through to a customer service tech in an hour and half waiting, this was the 2nd most expensive router/modem you have on the market. Last year for Christmas bought 4 cable modem routers for 4 sons and family. Bought 2 netgear 2 motorol. 1- netgear never could get hooked up even after working with your team and second one stopped working at 14 months. Out of warranty. No replacement. Both Motorola still going strong and both very easy to set up. This was my third TIME WITH a Netgear product would NOT recommend Poor Customer Service even during pre-pandemic times. Even during these times, you said to be patient and registered netgear persons receive priority. 30 minutes 3 times is not priority, don't use the pandemic as an excuse, get MORE tech. People.

Message 3 of 33
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@kate1976 wrote:
Is this a modem and router all in One? What companies use this model?

Yes, it's a modem/router all in one.  I'm currently using this CBR752 with Comcast at home.  It's working very well for me.  WiFi range/coverage and speed have improved comparing to my prior RBK53 setup.  Good luck.

CBR752.png

Message 4 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Glad its working well. 

Message 5 of 33
Kelitk79
Aspirant

I upgraded two days ago (CBK752) with this model and it has been the worst upgrade I have every had to deal with. My 2nd floor devices (Xbox, PC) are dropping 3 times a day. In addition to saying I have no Internet, yet my TV downstairs never loses connection to Hulu or Netflix. My previous older setup never dropped, I simply just didn't have the range for my master bedroom, so  don't blame my ISP. Why am I having so many problems with this and why do I need to spend hours trying to troubleshoot something that should work out of the box. I loath having to call Tech support and I'm so pissed off right now. 

Message 6 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and devices? 

Where in the home is the CBR located? Main or 1st floor centrally is recommended...

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 7 of 33
Kelitk79
Aspirant

Hello,

What Firmware version is currently loaded:

Router CBR750: v3.2.16.9, Satellite RBS 750 v3.2.16.6 (no updates)

1800sq ft

What is the distance between the router and devices? 

Xbox(s), PC, Smart TV are between 15 to 30 feet away from the Satellite

Is the drops happening with both wired and wireless devices?

Drop only happens on the wireless devices on the 2nd floor. Tv on the first floor that is "Wired" does not lose connection.

Where in the home is the CBR located? Main or 1st floor centrally is recommended:

CBR is on the first floor.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
I have implemented these changes and will follow up after testing the network. 

Message 8 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Might try the system with out the RBS as well to see if the problem comes at the CBR or not...

Keep us posted...

Message 9 of 33
TimboRanch
Tutor

I recently purchased, very recently, the Nighthawk c7800 cable modem router.  I need to extend its range. Should I have gotten the ORBI system instead? Can ORBI be added to my C7800 configuration. What is the best way to extend the range on my C7800. In the past I have had unsuccessful results in dealing with range extenders have they gotten better and if I use them on my C 7800 will it be as good as an orbi mesh system

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 10 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

If the wifi coverage is not enough when using the C series modem, you can add on NGs EX series wifi extenders to the C7800 wifi and one or two of these will help extend wifi coverage. EX7500, 7700 or 8000 would be suggested for use with the C7800.

@TimboRanch wrote:

I recently purchased, very recently, the Nighthawk c7800 cable modem router.  I need to extend its range. Should I have gotten the ORBI system instead? Can ORBI be added to my C7800 configuration. What is the best way to extend the range on my C7800. In the past I have had unsuccessful results in dealing with range extenders have they gotten better and if I use them on my C 7800 will it be as good as an orbi mesh system

Message 11 of 33
TimboRanch
Tutor

I am strongly considering using the EX7700 as the range extender for my C7800 Nighthawk. It's a 1-acre property and the house itself is pretty well covered with existing C7800 WIFI. I'm looking for better coverage outside the home and in the garage. My thought was to put the EX7700 at the other end of the home nearer to or in the garage to get better coverage outside. 

Is there a configuration that would work with my C7800 with the external antennas on the outside of the house

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 12 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Any chance you can have some CAT6A or CAT6 cabling installed between the home and garage? Would be best if you could get a wire out to the garage and then you could place a EX7700 wire connected in AP mode to the modem inside the house. 

What is the distance from the home to the garage? 

@TimboRanch wrote:

I am strongly considering using the EX7700 as the range extender for my C7800 Nighthawk. It's a 1-acre property and the house itself is pretty well covered with existing C7800 WIFI. I'm looking for better coverage outside the home and in the garage. My thought was to put the EX7700 at the other end of the home nearer to or in the garage to get better coverage outside. 

Is there a configuration that would work with my C7800 with the external antennas on the outside of the house

Message 13 of 33
TimboRanch
Tutor

First of all thanks for your help.  Distance from C7800 to is about 150 ft.  QUESTION: WIFI connected extender versus ethernet connected access point. Can you explain why one is better than the other. When I connect my brand new Chromebook via Ethernet to my C7800 Speed Test shows 220mbps. Wifi-connected Speed Test shows 400 Mbps.  Why is ethernet connected access point better than WIFI connected extender.

Message 14 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Wired is always better than wireless, espeically when it comes to disstance. 150 feet is quite a ways and distance for good signal to travel vs wired can carry that distance. 

Connection rates are different from actual speed test bandwidth. The 400Mpbs is a connect rate between the device and the modem only. Actual thruput speedtests will a bit slower or less than 400mpbs depending on the wifi mfrs design and support for connection rates and actual thruput speeds. 

Message 15 of 33
TimboRanch
Tutor

I just bought the ex8000. I will try it wirelessly first but CAT6A cable will be part of my plan if necessary. Here is my question for you. Should I run the cable as part of the initial installation because the results will be significantly greater. Or, should I try it wirelessly first because that MAY solve my connectivity issues.

My C7800 works perfectly.  When I install the EX8000 will they automatically see each other and automatically configure? The distance between my Netgear devices will be less than 60 ft. I will then use your Netgear Wi-Fi analytics app see if it gives me Wireless speed that I'm looking for in the garage and backyard. 

I know that you are a ORBI guy but, can I continue to use you for knowledge, configuration and OPTIMISATION of my Netgear devices.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 16 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

@TimboRanch wrote:

I just bought the ex8000. I will try it wirelessly first but CAT6A cable will be part of my plan if necessary. Here is my question for you. Should I run the cable as part of the initial installation because the results will be significantly greater. Or, should I try it wirelessly first because that MAY solve my connectivity issues.

Try wireless first to see how it does. Doesn't hurt to try this. 

My C7800 works perfectly.  When I install the EX8000 will they automatically see each other and automatically configure? The distance between my Netgear devices will be less than 60 ft. I will then use your Netgear Wi-Fi analytics app see if it gives me Wireless speed that I'm looking for in the garage and backyard. 

You'll be walking thru the EX8000s setup wizard to set up the EX for you. Use the user installation guide to help you with this. 

I know that you are a ORBI guy but, can I continue to use you for knowledge, configuration and OPTIMISATION of my Netgear devices. I also have the C7800 modem thought I haven't used it in a while. :smileyembarrassed:

Message 17 of 33
ABCHome
Star

If you already own a Netgear device be careful. Either register the product under a new email a d pray it doesn’t connect to your other profile. Now I’m stuck and there is zero support 6 months in unless you pay more. $700 for a product and one must pay for support. Look elsewhere.
Message 18 of 33
ABCHome
Star

Netgear has the worst service I’ve ever seen or experienced. Horrendously expensive and want buyer to pay for assistance. Never again. Sorry for your loss!!
Message 19 of 33

@ABCHome wrote:
Netgear has the worst service I’ve ever seen or experienced. Horrendously expensive and want buyer to pay for assistance. Never again. Sorry for your loss!!

You have a problem that needs fixing? You work for another brand?

Message 20 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like your not registering your products correctly. I have multiple registered devices and get support for each one that I have had reg'd. No extra support needed. Sounds like you may not know what your doing or talking about. 

@ABCHome wrote:
If you already own a Netgear device be careful. Either register the product under a new email a d pray it doesn’t connect to your other profile. Now I’m stuck and there is zero support 6 months in unless you pay more. $700 for a product and one must pay for support. Look elsewhere.

Message 21 of 33

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Sounds like your not registering your products correctly. I have multiple registered devices and get support for each one that I have had reg'd. No extra support needed. Sounds like you may not know what your doing or talking about. 

@ABCHome wrote:

To clarify, the way to register a product is to use this link:

MyNETGEAR | Login

You can add it to whatever else you have registered.

You can use the same email address as everything else. I have more than a dozen products, most if them years old, going back to 2015

But free support last only 90 days. It is really for help during setup. However, the warranty period is at least a year, depending on where you are and local laws. So if something breaks you can initiate the warranty process.

Warranty Information | About Us | NETGEAR

There is one obvious place to ask for technical help after 90 days. You are there already. This community costs nothing.

It even has some input from Netgear's overworked official support people, but the regulars, mostly users with many years' experience, may well know more that anyone sitting in a call centre.

Message 22 of 33
ABCHome
Star

Yes, I have a purchased 2 products in the past 2 years. The Model Number above will not accept ORBI RBK 852.will not allow in May/June. The product works however I cannot get the Anywhere Access as it indicates the "The NetGear device is already registered with another account. So those that throw insults of 1.) Do I work for a competitor 2.) I don't know what I'm doing. are jerks.

Now on to the problem. 1.) Netgear service. The money saving effort and individualized q/a is lacking. When someone spends a decent slug of money it seems service should go longer than 90 days. 2.) Updates the App have created instability at times where it requires a whole reinstall.  3.) In my case it would be nice to have a product design that would have told me up front not to register the product under the same email rather than allowing it to happen and then crossing it with my dad's in a different state that I set up 15 months ago. 4.) I'm looking for a specific path to correct the issue not have to dodge insults from Netgear Homers. Is it adviseable to reset it the ORBI device at my place and set up to a new email address and account with Netgear. 

Again, if you don't have something constructive to add save your time. As a 2 product customer I'm pretty sure I've paid my dues to do and say as I please. My points of view are clear, pointed, and yet constructive. Nothing I've written with my unhappiness is not factual.

Message 23 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support help and support for your products. Theres nothing we can do to help you out here. 

If the RBK852 is new then please post in the correct forum for that NG product. SInce it's seems to be new, it's under warranty and thus NG support should be able to help you out with it. 

You'll need to contact NG support help and support for your products. Theres nothing we can do to help you out here in the forums. 

Good Luck. 

Message 24 of 33
ABCHome
Star

Thank you for your professional response. 

Yes, it's relatively new and that's my dissatifaction with Netgear that I've voiced in my earlier note(s). It would certain be nice if they support lasted longer than 90 days before you have to move to a paid plan. The product works but the anywhere connection will not as a result of the multiple connections to one profile. It would have been nice if that was sign-posted clearly to not assign two products to one id at the time of signing up the second product.

Again, my thanks for your note. I was hoping someone could provide some insight as to what would be best next steps to correct and if wiping out the old profile and try to reinstall from scratch is best or would create other unforeseeen issues. Best.

Message 25 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7