Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upgrade Your Internet Experience With The Orbi WiFi 6 With Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Upgrade Your Internet Experience With The Orbi WiFi 6 With Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

For Orbi AX questions, help and information, Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 26 of 33

@ABCHome wrote:

The product works but the anywhere connection will not as a result of the multiple connections to one profile.

Can you explain what that means?

For example, you say "anywhere connection will not ..." will not do what?

Connection from what to what?

Is this anywhere connection supposed to be what Netgear calls Anywhere Access? (It used to be called Remote Access.)

Is this it?

How do I enable or disable Anywhere Access on my Orbi router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Are you using an app on a mobile device?

Where is this profile? That's a term that gets used in all sorts of different ways.

Take us through the steps you are taking and where things go wrong.

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

By the way, you should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want "official" support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

Message 27 of 33
RCK22
Aspirant

I am not sure I was steered correctly at Best Buy. I have internet through Spectrum Cable using their modem and router. I was told this product would give me the stronger WiFi coverage I need throughout my house. The modem and router are at one end and the WiFi is spotty in the center and weak at the other end. The guy told me it was only a matter of disconnecting the Spectrum router Ethernet and power and hooking up the Orbi. I went to do this and the Spectrum router also has a coaxial cable going into it. Their is no coaxial jack on this Orbi router. Do I need a different Orbi? 

Thanks,

RCK22

Message 28 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

What model Orbi did you get? If it doesn't have a coax cable in back, then it's a wifi router system only. 

It can work with your isp modem/router. Your ISP Modem already has a build in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

Try option #2 first, if that doesn't work, try option#3. 

@RCK22 wrote:

I am not sure I was steered correctly at Best Buy. I have internet through Spectrum Cable using their modem and router. I was told this product would give me the stronger WiFi coverage I need throughout my house. The modem and router are at one end and the WiFi is spotty in the center and weak at the other end. The guy told me it was only a matter of disconnecting the Spectrum router Ethernet and power and hooking up the Orbi. I went to do this and the Spectrum router also has a coaxial cable going into it. Their is no coaxial jack on this Orbi router. Do I need a different Orbi? 

Thanks,

RCK22

Message 29 of 33
RCK22
Aspirant

I typed in my model but I guess it was erased since it wasn’t on the drop down list. (RBK752 AX4200) appreciate you taking the time to reply. I was just trying to get the Wi-Fi stronger and across my entire house. I had hoped to buy something strong that would just give a strong boost to what I have and not be a huge hassle to install. With no coaxial plug it appears this is the wrong fit for me. Sorry, I have no idea how to make the adjustments you describe or even what they mean. I don’t mind returning this product but need to know what model I should look for. Thanks - RC
Message 30 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

YOu can use the RBK7 series with your current ISP modem/router. Have your ISP help you configure the modem for you. You can use the modem as your interface for the RBK system. Have someone help you with this. 

Message 31 of 33
RCK22
Aspirant

Understood, thanks. I guess I’ll get Spectrum out here. So this will work just as well, even though there is no coaxial going into the new router?
Thank you again - RC
Message 32 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

NG Orbi RBK systems do not have built in modems. NGs Orbi CBK systems do, i.e. CBK40 and CBK750 series have built in modems which are for cable ISP services which will have a coax connection in the back.

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7