Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

We Need Phone/Voice Connectivity

althea
Guide

We Need Phone/Voice Connectivity

I would so love to use the Orbi Modem/Router but I cannot my replace my existing modem/router with one that does NOT have the ability to connect phone lines. I have two phone lines (voice and fax) and am hoping desperately that Netgear will release this unit with phone line connections!!
Does anyone else share my wish?!?

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: We Need Phone/Voice Connectivity

The CBK40 is just that, a modem and Orbi router and wifi built in. It doesn't nor will not support Phone line services as this is a major HW change and not enough room for additional phone jacks in the case. 

if you need phone line support, the CM1150v modem supports phone line. 

@althea wrote:

I would so love to use the Orbi Modem/Router but I cannot my replace my existing modem/router with one that does NOT have the ability to connect phone lines. I have two phone lines (voice and fax) and am hoping desperately that Netgear will release this unit with phone line connections!!
Does anyone else share my wish?!?

Message 2 of 7
althea
Guide

Thank you, FURRY338. The Nighthawk CM1150V looks good. Will Orbis work as a Sattelite for this?? I need two satellites, one ethernet wired and one non-wired.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, you'll need a RBK series to work with that CM mode. That will replace the CBK40. 

RBK#3 series come with two satellites, while the RBK#0 comes with just one satellite. 

RBKs come in 20,30,40 and 50 series, 50 being the most capable model. 

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/default.aspx
https://www.netgear.com/orbi/wifi-systems.aspx

Message 4 of 7
althea
Guide

Thank you for the information. I just noticed that the Nighthawk CM1150V does not have a built in router or wifi. This is why I was interested in the Orbi system since it acts as a cable modem, router, and delivers wifi.

Message 5 of 7
althea
Guide

I suppose I could get around the fact that the Nighthawk CM1150V does not have act as a router or have wifi by getting both the CM1150V and the Orbi system. Could I plug the Orbi RBK53 wifi system into the CM1150V since it will do the wifi and router functions?
I would plug the RBR50v2 into the CM1150V, then have one wired satellite (RBS50v2) and one non wired satellite (RBS50v2). Does this work?
This gets confusing very quickly...
I appreciate your help.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, the CM does not have wifi or router capabilities so you would need a RBK system of some sort. Yes you can have satelities wired, wireless or mixed connections. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7