Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: how to set up two orbi WIFI systems, one at both home and cottage....can i do both with my phon

TamboKT26
Follower

how to set up two orbi WIFI systems, one at both home and cottage....can i do both with my phone?

i have an orbi WIFI system at home (CBK40). i now want to set up an orbi at our cottage an hour north. Can i do so with same account and with my same phone?  i would like to be able to remotely control both my home WIFI and cottage WIFI. Haven't set up the cottage WIFI yet but will do in the next 24-48 hours. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: how to set up two orbi WIFI systems, one at both home and cottage....can i do both with my phon

I haven't done this, however I presume you can have more than one setup configured with the app. You would need to be at the location during setup. 

Something you might ask NG support first to ensure this is supported. 

@vkdelta

Message 2 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Possible but there are some limitations such as Alexa/google features dont work with multiple Orbis. 

App will show 2 of them and you can choose based on Model/SN. 

yes, you will need to set it up from specific location first. You cannot do first setup remotely.

Message 3 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@TamboKT26 wrote:

i have an orbi WIFI system at home (CBK40). i now want to set up an orbi at our cottage an hour north. Can i do so with same account and with my same phone?  i would like to be able to remotely control both my home WIFI and cottage WIFI. Haven't set up the cottage WIFI yet but will do in the next 24-48 hours. Thanks. 

You will see all your systems (with the status of each) in the app and you can switch between them as follows:

IMG_1625.png

IMG_1626.png

IMG_1627.png

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any updates on this? 

@TamboKT26 wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7