Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ฺRBR50 AC3000 Speed Test Not Over 600Mbps

Chaowarin
Aspirant

ฺRBR50 AC3000 Speed Test Not Over 600Mbps

Hi Guys, 

I have 1Gbps/100Mbps but speed test not over 600Mbps at RBR and I test speed at RBS not over the same.

Please help,

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: ฺRBR50 AC3000 Speed Test Not Over 600Mbps

There have been many posts about Orbi not achieving a gigabit on the "Speed Test".  I do not know that it is capable of that.  Just because an ethernet port is a "Gigabit Port" does not mean that the electronics are capable of processing a constant stream of data at a gigabit.  Orbi was engineered before it was common for people to have gigabit fiber links.

Also, a "speed test" measures the entire path, from Orbi to wherever the server is and back.  I do not believe there is any advise the forum can provide to increase this above what you are measuring.  (Put "speed test" in quotes when you search the forum.)

Message 2 of 5
Chaowarin
Aspirant

Thanks,

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I've got the RBR50 and haven't had issues hitting my gigabit speeds. This isn't true for all though.

One thing you can try is to test it with a hardwired computer that you know can hit gigabit speeds (older pc's can't) and to test with a site capable of maxing out gigabit. I've had issues with the straight speedtest.net site not being able to hit the full speeds. Try speedtest.xfinity.com  or speedtest.googlefiber.net  

I've had better luck with these sites being able to saturate my line. 

another thing to check is if you're getting full speeds from the modem. If you can't pull gigabit directly off the modem, the router isn't going to either. If you connect directly to the modem, what speeds do you get?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Some have good working systems, some don't. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-is-not-supporting-900Mb-on-the-WAN-to-LAN-test/m-p/...

Been crickets since working with NG on this. Hoping next FW update will address this for those that see this problem.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7