Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 1.11.0.8 needs to be released now

SSuffolk
Guide

1.11.0.8 needs to be released now

The beta firmware is running extremely well compared to 1.11.0.20, this will fix a lot of people complaining about drops. I was experiencing constant drops, but once I updated to this firmware it's 100% better.
Message 1 of 9
DaBu
Initiate

I would be curious to know if you have Beamforming and MU-MIMO enabled. Thanks
Message 2 of 9
SSuffolk
Guide

Both of them are disabled picture here

Message 3 of 9
JMU1998
Luminary

Wondering if we will ever be allowed to use the Beamforming and MUMIMO features again ever? paid $500 so far got about half value..  Patience is running out paid full got a half cooked meal in return...sill hopeful though atleast Beta is being tested in earnest!

Message 4 of 9
DaBu
Initiate

Thank you. I had asked as I loaded the beta firmware yesterday. Being hopeful, at the same time I enabled Beamforming and MU-MIMO. This combination unfortunately introduced additional issues that I had never previously experienced. Due to this, last night I turned them both off again and will monitor the results. I feel that until these features can be enabled with stable results for all, connection issues can not be considered resolved. Thanks.
Message 5 of 9

This causes me to have nosebleed, the fact that they have a firmware that will fix many people's problem, & they still keeping it in beta. Many people are returning their system because they have some many connection problems. I was about to return mines, until they sent me the beta update, & it works. Why continue losing customers, when you can just fix the problem. 

Message 6 of 9

I have drops and fluctuating speed issues. Did the beta fix that? I used to get dropped a lot now I just have unreliable speed and I know for certain it is not my ISP. My wifi speed test results will go come 180 down to 5 down and everything invetween in the matter of seconds, it's truly bizarre.
Message 7 of 9

EXACTLY.  I'm experiencing huge fluctuations / drops - I would love to get this fixed (and sadly I'm past my return date so I'm stuck with Orbi).  

Message 8 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

If you would like to try the beta send me a PM.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7