Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

1 of 2 Satellites didn't update the Firmware now it won't connect/sync

franktribe
Apprentice

1 of 2 Satellites didn't update the Firmware now it won't connect/sync

OK. So, I got the new firmware notification today this morming, 2.1.4.10. The Router and one of two satellites updated. However, one did not update to the new firmware. And everytime I tried to connect it, it would take the network down. So, I factory reset everything, both Satellites and the router. I got the router and the one previously working satellite to connect/sync. I could not get the one that didn't update to ever sync or connect again. I am thinking I need to get the firmware updated on the one satellite. But, I am not sure I have seen how to do that. I am fairly techincal so I am comfortable updating it. I assume I'll need to connect directly but, I would like some guidance. Anyone deal with this situation? I don't want to just call Netgear, I kinda want to do it on my own (I'm a geek like that). But, I would like to figure out how to get started. I actually like my Orbi system and enjoy trying out the new firmwares, etc. But, I am technical and enjoy this kind of thing. I know others don't share the share thoughts. 

Thanks,

Chris

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
franktribe
Apprentice

Re: 1 of 2 Satellites didn't update the Firmware now it won't connect/sync

HAHA, so I fixed it on my own. All I did was plug in the Ethernet backhaul connection, waiting a several minutes, maybe even an hour. And boom! It fixed itself! Amazing! I really do like my Orbi. Though, you do have to have some patience. 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
franktribe
Apprentice

Re: 1 of 2 Satellites didn't update the Firmware now it won't connect/sync

HAHA, so I fixed it on my own. All I did was plug in the Ethernet backhaul connection, waiting a several minutes, maybe even an hour. And boom! It fixed itself! Amazing! I really do like my Orbi. Though, you do have to have some patience. 🙂

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7