Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2.1.1.16, NTP, timezone/DST

webminster
Luminary

2.1.1.16, NTP, timezone/DST

With 2.1.1.16, you can specify an NTP server.   But in the Web UI, I can find no place to set the time zone of the device, nor set DST tracking.  Hence, the time on my Orbi is one hour off.   Am I missing this, or has this been forgotten?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
godspeed
Apprentice

I think the timezone is set in: Advanced -> Security -> Schedule.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
godspeed
Apprentice

I think the timezone is set in: Advanced -> Security -> Schedule.

Message 2 of 6
webminster
Luminary

Thanks. That's the answer.
Message 3 of 6
godspeed
Apprentice

you are very welcome!  It's a strange place for the timezone to be in...

Message 4 of 6
Hydro130
Luminary

Yeah, I really have no idea what that new NTP option brings to the fight, since it certainly doesn't set your local time properly.  Anyway...

To set your local time, it's the same process it's always been -- once you're logged in to the Admin page, go to the Scheduling section. 

I apologize here, I'm not home right now, so I don't recall the "path" to that particular page, but it's under the Advanced tab, then I think it's in the "Security" section - look for Scheduling options...  In there soemwhere, there's a page where you can actually set both your local Time Zone and the option to use DST or not.

When I factory-rest my Orbi, it's always off by one hour too, so I have to do this everytime.

Hope that helps! 

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

wow...that's crazy.  I thought that section about DST (buried inside somewhere) was IF you wanted to do some sort of web scheduling.  The Orbi should pull the time from your modem or ISP I would guess.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7