Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2.3.0.32 Broke Orbi Logging

CrimpOn
Guru

2.3.0.32 Broke Orbi Logging

A reported in a previous thread   Orbi does not handle log files the way it should.  That issue (for me) was solved by doing a complete factory reset and reconfigure, a process that I now have down to about an hour thanks to help from the community.  A post today by @mjkamerik  made me realize, "Hey.  I haven't seen a new Orbi log since I updated firmware."

Sure enough, the last log file I received was Feb 24, even though the box is checked, "Send log when full."  I did a manual send, and that worked.  My complaint before was that Orbi was not sending the information I wanted (DHCP assignments, DoS attempts, etc.)  Oh, dear.  The current log has ONLY the DoS attempts.  No DHCP assignments.

So, (1) not sending log when full and (2) not logging DHCP.

I was so smug that the 2.3.0.32 firmware update did not require a factory reset.  NOT!  Will do a factory reset and reconfigure this evening when nobody is at home to scream, "DAD.. the Internet's GONE!"

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes, a "reset" and reconfigure from scratch has fixed the Orbi log problem.  i.e.

1. It seems to log what I expect: admin logons, NTP, sending email, DHCP, DoS.
  2. It sent a log after about 24 hours.  Hmmmm.  One of the settings is "once a day" (24 hours), which is NOT what is selected.  So, it may be a coincidence that the log filled up in almost exactly 24hours, or......  (still not "doing what it was told to do")  In a bizzare sense, this might be even better.  i.e. if no log appears for two days, then it's broken again.

I'm marking this "closed".

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if a reset fixes this...

Message 2 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@CrimpOn wrote:

Sure enough, the last log file I received was Feb 24, even though the box is checked, ".....

Very weird! I only started to have all types of logs after upgrading to 2.3.0.32. I was very optimistic that this was fixed in that software and that I would never need to do a factory reset for that. Since the upgrade the logs is functioning flawlessly!

..... Now that I read your post I realized the truth, unfortunately! 😞

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes, a "reset" and reconfigure from scratch has fixed the Orbi log problem.  i.e.

2. It sent a log after about 24 hours.  Hmmmm.  One of the settings is "once a day" (24 hours), which is NOT what is selected.  So, it may be a coincidence that the log filled up in almost exactly 24hours, or......  (still not "doing what it was told to do")  In a bizzare sense, this might be even better.  i.e. if no log appears for two days, then it's broken again.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad the reset and setup from scratch fixed it. Good to know that it works now. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@CrimpOn wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7