Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2.3.0.32 Not Fixed "Attached Devices" Yet

CrimpOn
Guru

2.3.0.32 Not Fixed "Attached Devices" Yet

Successfully installed 2.3.0.32.  Apart from the irritation of trying to connect me to "orbilogon.net" and rejecting my password rather than 192.168.1.1 which works fine, and that annoying advertisement for Netgear Armor, the update went smoothly.

HOWEVER, I immediately noticed that the Satellite reports only a single device attached whereas the router says there are two devices.  Still a "work in progress."

(Isn't it sort of a trivial fix to make the terminology agree?  Router: "Attached".  Satellite: "Connected".  Geez.)

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Might give it some time for the system to settle in. 

Did you use auto update or manually install files? Factory reset or just apply FW and continue? 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

I did a manual update, first to 212, then to 2.3.0.38. I did both the satellite and router to 212, then did both the satellite and router to 38.

Several hours later, the satellite and router agree: six devices attached (connected) to the satellite.  While I appreciate that devices can take a period of time to decide which Orbi they want to use, I am not pleased that the router and satellite do not communicate changes very quickly.  Would be interesting to have an idea how often the router/satellite sync their tables.  i.e. when I first reported, the router thought two devices were connected to the satellite, but the satellite said, "only one."  So, who told the router about that second device if not the satellite?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, been like this for a while now. Seen this on mine as well. Why I usally come back after a while and check on it. Something NG would have to look into if they don't know already. Possible channelization and handling of where things get settled in. Wireless and this MESH system in general do have quirks. Even on other systems. Probably something hard to make work better. Could be how NG is handling the system and letting the system take it's time maybe better than rushing the system that may cause bad opterations. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7