Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2.4 Ghz issues with nest cameras and zodiac iAqualink

happyintruder
Aspirant

2.4 Ghz issues with nest cameras and zodiac iAqualink

I too was wanting to purchase the Orbi with 1 sattelite....but after reading these post, I am very hesitant....i also have Nest front door camera, 6 ADT cameras and a ZOdiac iAquilink system.....All operate on the 2.4 Ghz network along with my BBQ therometers......

I currently have 7 ADT security cameras, 1 Nest Doorbell Camera. 1 Nest Thermometer and 5 Sonos speakers with bridge......the security cameras are lan connected as well as the Sonos....but 2 lap tops, 4 iPads, 4 iPhones, 3 desk top computers, iAqualink, Nest door bell and thermometer are all WF-FI

Since there is a whole lot of issues I am affraid to but it to replace my Linksys Velops.....With the Linksys, all the above devise work perfectly but sometimes the BBQ drop off.....is it safe to say that replacing the Linksys Velops with teh Orbi,  I will be able to connect automatically to all my 2.4 devices? 

Another question:  can i keep the same network name and password?   with over 26 devices, I dont want to have to cahnge all of them

thanks in advance

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

@happyintruder wrote:

.....is it safe to say that replacing the Linksys Velops with teh Orbi,  I will be able to connect automatically to all my 2.4 devices? 

I doubt if anyone here is familiar with all of your devices. If you search the archives you may be able to get advice on some of them.

In general these issues are down to sloppy coding by the people who write the software to support these IoT devices. Some seem to be incapable of writing stuff that can work around the coexistence of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wifi with the same SSID.

People here havce devised ways around that.

@happyintruder wrote:

Another question:  can i keep the same network name and password?   with over 26 devices, I dont want to have to cahnge all of them

That works most of the time, but the various Mac addresses can confuse some wifi clients.

Message 2 of 5
happyintruder
Aspirant

thanks for the response......i am in discussions with Jandy concerning teh issues....will see what they come up with

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Oh, heavens, YES, use the EXACT same WiFi name (SSID) and password. I have kept the same credentials through three router replacements. If you want to back, just plug in the old router. 

What would prompt some to change from Velop to Orbi? 

Message 4 of 5
happyintruder
Aspirant

my Velops Router continues to receive internet from my cox modem and speed test show 50-95gbs down and 9,9 up while connected to the lan cable 7” away from modem and router…..across the other 2 satellites, they keep dropping off line…..Wireless connections are around 30 down adn 9 up…….called cox and they say I have everything goo…..so I think the router is bad.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7