Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2.4G devices not connecting to Orbi - Argus Camera

JABuntyn
Guide

2.4G devices not connecting to Orbi - Argus Camera

This is a solution post - ReoLink Argus 2 Camera would not connect to Orbi Network - The camera is a battery powered WiFi only camera that will only connect to 2.4G WiFi.  Camera configuration requires a smartphone that MUST be connected to the 2.4G network.  In my case, an iPhone automatically connected to 5G.  I worked with ReoLink tech support, but they kept asking me to set up a 2.4G only router.  There is another post that details how to enter debug mode on the Orbi and turn off the 5G radio.  I was going to attempt that, but found another way.

1. Disconnect the router Satellite

2. In Advanced WiFi Settings, reduce the power of the 5G radio  Move to a location away from your Orbi base station.  The goal is to have a stronger 2.4G signal reaching your phone.

3. On the iPhone, forget your WiFi SSID, then add it.

4. Check your connected devices to confirm that your iPhone is on the 2.4G network.

5. Turn on your iPhone Hotspot

6. Configure Camera as per Instructions.  Once the camera had the SSID configuration and connected properly to the Orbi WiFi, everything worked properly. 

7.  Then put your network back to normal operation.

Hope this helps someone.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 2.4G devices not connecting to Orbi - Argus Camera

Another option would be to disable the 5Ghz SSID broadcast while you setup the 2.4ghz device Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Then re-eabled it. 

@JABuntyn wrote:

This is a solution post - ReoLink Argus 2 Camera would not connect to Orbi Network - The camera is a battery powered WiFi only camera that will only connect to 2.4G WiFi.  Camera configuration requires a smartphone that MUST be connected to the 2.4G network.  In my case, an iPhone automatically connected to 5G.  I worked with ReoLink tech support, but they kept asking me to set up a 2.4G only router.  There is another post that details how to enter debug mode on the Orbi and turn off the 5G radio.  I was going to attempt that, but found another way.

1. Disconnect the router Satellite

2. In Advanced WiFi Settings, reduce the power of the 5G radio  Move to a location away from your Orbi base station.  The goal is to have a stronger 2.4G signal reaching your phone.

3. On the iPhone, forget your WiFi SSID, then add it.

4. Check your connected devices to confirm that your iPhone is on the 2.4G network.

5. Turn on your iPhone Hotspot

6. Configure Camera as per Instructions.  Once the camera had the SSID configuration and connected properly to the Orbi WiFi, everything worked properly. 

7.  Then put your network back to normal operation.

Hope this helps someone.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7