Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2.4GHz wide mode

thedak
Apprentice

2.4GHz wide mode

I have an RBK50 + satellite set up.    Set 2.4ghz band with 20/40 co-existence unchecked.   Tried channel selection of auto, 4, 5, and/or 9.   All of them show up as narrow (20) width with a single channel listed regardless of what I do.   Running standard WPA2 + AES encryption.   Any ideas?   My 5ghz shows up as wide 80 (4 channels).   Issue only with the 2.4 band.  (Under advance/status is says "mode, up to 192 Mbps.")

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Maybe because you have interference from neighboring access points, or because you have a non-40MHz capable device connected.

Unless you live in the middle of a farm and have no other WiFi access points nearby, best practice is to use channels 1, 6, or 11 with 20 MHz bandwith.

If you use 40 MHz, or if you use different channels than 1/6/11, you increase the potential for interference from nearby APs and other devices operating in the same frequency band, like Sonos speakers.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

Maybe because you have interference from neighboring access points, or because you have a non-40MHz capable device connected.

Unless you live in the middle of a farm and have no other WiFi access points nearby, best practice is to use channels 1, 6, or 11 with 20 MHz bandwith.

If you use 40 MHz, or if you use different channels than 1/6/11, you increase the potential for interference from nearby APs and other devices operating in the same frequency band, like Sonos speakers.

Message 2 of 3
thedak
Apprentice

thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements