Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2.4Ghz network disappeared in office

rolandbarnes981
Aspirant

2.4Ghz network disappeared in office

Hi there all,

Any feedback appreciated - I have the three pack RBK53S and have been overall very happy with it.

It was purchased to extend the wifi down to the bottom of the garden into a home office at about 25-30M.

One satellite is in the bedroom window and joins well with the one in the office.

My phone only has 2.4Ghz wifi and used to have a very good signal down in office, but this has now disappeared, it cannot see the Orbi network even when adjacent to the Satellite.

I have changed wifi channels to no aval for the 2.4Ghz band.

5Ghz is very fast and full speed down in office, it does drop a few times a day but I can cope with that - just want to know what's happened to the 2.4Ghz channel ??

Any feedback or advice appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: 2.4Ghz network disappeared in office

@rolandbarnes981 wrote:

My phone only has 2.4Ghz wifi and used to have a very good signal down in office, but this has now disappeared, it cannot see the Orbi network even when adjacent to the Satellite.

Does the phone connect to the Orbi 2.4G band in the house?

What happens if you swap the two satellites (window and office)?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the Orbi system been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@rolandbarnes981 wrote:

Does the phone connect to the Orbi 2.4G band in the house?

What happens if you swap the two satellites (window and office)?

Message 3 of 5
rolandbarnes981
Aspirant

Yes - thanks power off sorted plus moving office satellite to have clear view of bedroom one.

Many thanks all

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7