Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 Days of trying to connect Orbi - no luck.

schumaku
Guru

Re: 2 Days of trying to connect Orbi - no luck.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

The user doesn't have a CBK system. There using Arris BGW gateway. They just picked the forum tag by mistake is all. They are working to configure AP Mode on there RBK20 series system. 

Source, quotes, references, links? Have just re-read this post top down, can't see any of this. Your crystal ball seems to be better developed than mine.

Message 26 of 30
khawe
Tutor

WOAH....

Not sure what you all are fighting about - Furry messaged me, I provided some basic info - he /she sent back a few options to fix. I am going to look into that later. Can't speak to if it will work or how correct the info is but they gave me a direction based off of specific information - more help than Netgear has done that is for sure. 

I will update this very active thread later with the outcome....

Message 27 of 30
schumaku
Guru

No fight here from my side, I was just wondering and tried to pick up your mariginal information. We have a nice community here, complementing different views very well. And of course everybody can make errors, and can miss some of the key posts.

Please: Avoid back channel (PM) communication - you break continuity, and cause confusion - especially if the initial information does show something completely different. This will avoid wasting our time....

Message 28 of 30
vajim
Master

@khawe wrote:

WOAH....

Not sure what you all are fighting about - Furry messaged me, I provided some basic info - he /she sent back a few options to fix. I am going to look into that later. Can't speak to if it will work or how correct the info is but they gave me a direction based off of specific information - more help than Netgear has done that is for sure. 

I will update this very active thread later with the outcome....

No fight here.  The interruption came at post number 8.  For my part it sounded like you had a double NAT scenario.  If I was wrong I appolgize.  I'm glad you're being helped.

Message 29 of 30
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

@Ha_Ku_Na wrote:

@khawe wrote:

Tried Netgear support - no answers. I have been trying for 2 days to get my Orbi to work. I use the app and it says it cant connect to my wifi network - i go through all the trouble shooting - nothing. Power cycle, nothing. New System setup. Nothing. 

Any guidance on what to do or where to go before I return this? 

Follow the setup guide:

https://kb.netgear.com/31017/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite

You have not mentioned what exactly is not working.

@vajim this is post #8. do you see any fight or interruption here ? I guess something went wrong with your life somewhen in the past.

And this was my comment in post #10 regarding double-NAT:

Double-NAT is in most cases not an issue. Most routers offer a way to set "static routes".

But this requires a configuration on the "other" (non ORBI) router.

If you are able to read, I wrote "in most cases" & "most routers offer a way".

And if you reached this line, read also post #12 carefully.

But Iˋm sure you are not able to really read and understand, therefore it is still hard to really help other users here as long you are spamming all the threads here.

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7