Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2 PC computers can not connect to orbi wifi

hcch
Aspirant

2 PC computers can not connect to orbi wifi

I just got this orbi and I can not connect via wifi 2 PC computers. I really do not know what to do.

One has this wifi adapter TP-Link TL WN725N N150 USB

and the other one has an intel dial band AC7260 adapter

My model in the box states is the RBK43 the one that has 2 satelites.

I will never thought that this could happend, and I really do not want to think that it can only run with some wifi adapters and some others do not.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
hcch
Aspirant

when first setup, I tap on the check for updates and there was an error so I continuied. Later I updated manually to the latest firmware.

After setting up the wifi I was just using an Ipad and my mobile phone via WIFI with no issues. I tryed to connect my main gaming pc with not success, I really did not pay any attention to it,then I configured all the mobile devices and some other thins like smart tv's and such.

When trying to connect one of my daughters PC it gave me an error even prior to the wifi password window. I tryed some local settings check but the sgrangest thing is that I use to have a Nighthawk router and never had that kind of issue. Then I thought it was due to the cheap TP Link micro wifi adapter that is connected on that PC. 

After that I try to connect my gaming pc same thing and after that same results with my alienware r3 laptot so It was clear that it was not my devices fault so I went to check all orbi settings. Turns out that when I changed de SSID the problem was solved.

Thanks all for your kind support 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9

All Replies
hcch
Aspirant

Also my Alienware 15R2 is not able to connect to wifi, it is really fustrating.

Message 2 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Can you please describe the step at which communication fails?

• Does the Orbi WiFi name (SSID) appear as one of the WiFi networks?
  • Is there an error message that appears when connection is attempted?

Do other devices (besides these Windows computers) connect successfully?

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Turn OFF The RBS and just use the RBR to try and get the PCs connected first...

@hcch wrote:

I just got this orbi and I can not connect via wifi 2 PC computers. I really do not know what to do.

One has this wifi adapter TP-Link TL WN725N N150 USB

and the other one has an intel dial band AC7260 adapter

My model in the box states is the RBK43 the one that has 2 satelites.

I will never thought that this could happend, and I really do not want to think that it can only run with some wifi adapters and some others do not.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Message 4 of 9
hcch
Aspirant

when first setup, I tap on the check for updates and there was an error so I continuied. Later I updated manually to the latest firmware.

After setting up the wifi I was just using an Ipad and my mobile phone via WIFI with no issues. I tryed to connect my main gaming pc with not success, I really did not pay any attention to it,then I configured all the mobile devices and some other thins like smart tv's and such.

When trying to connect one of my daughters PC it gave me an error even prior to the wifi password window. I tryed some local settings check but the sgrangest thing is that I use to have a Nighthawk router and never had that kind of issue. Then I thought it was due to the cheap TP Link micro wifi adapter that is connected on that PC. 

After that I try to connect my gaming pc same thing and after that same results with my alienware r3 laptot so It was clear that it was not my devices fault so I went to check all orbi settings. Turns out that when I changed de SSID the problem was solved.

Message 5 of 9
Mikey94025
Hero

@hcch wrote:

Glad you were able to successfully connect your devices to your new Orbi.

One last recommendation - If your old SSID is still visible then perhaps your old wireless system is still running (in parallel to your Orbi).  Turn off the wireless for that old device since you're now only using the new Orbi wireless network.  This will reduce network congestion and confusion.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. 

If you changed the SSID name to something else and the PCs connected, this would seem to be a problem at the PCs. Problaby the wifi profile on these PCs should have been cleared or erased then setup again, then rebooted the PCs then attempt to reconnect to the SSID. This should have worked. Try this next time.

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@hcch wrote:

Message 7 of 9
hcch
Aspirant

Thanks but when unboxing the orbi I did shutdown the nighthawk completly, it was really weard. 

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7