Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 orbi kits

sigswi
Aspirant

2 orbi kits

hi, i live in switzerland.i figured that i need 1 base and 2 satellites for my home

Orbi is only available in kits consisting of 1 base and 1 satellite.

-if i buy 2 kits will i be able to use the satellite in the second kit as a third unit for my home network.

-in scenarios where i need to reset the router etc will i have issues with the second satellite or will it fit right back in automatically in the network

(i plan to give the redundant second base to my sister to use as a standard router)

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2 orbi kits

@sigswi wrote:

hi, i live in switzerland.i figured that i need 1 base and 2 satellites for my home

-if i buy 2 kits will i be able to use the satellite in the second kit as a third unit for my home network.

-in scenarios where i need to reset the router etc will i have issues with the second satellite or will it fit right back in automatically in the network

(i plan to give the redundant second base to my sister to use as a standard router)

hi

as far as i know its possible but it wont be detected on initial setup and you will have to manually sync it once the initial setup is complete

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: 2 orbi kits

@sigswi wrote:

hi

as far as i know its possible but it wont be detected on initial setup and you will have to manually sync it once the initial setup is complete

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7