Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 win 10 pcs wont connect to Orbi

mike12384
Initiate

2 win 10 pcs wont connect to Orbi

Hello-I have a couple macbooks that are primarily running windows 10, both suddenly stopped connecting to the Orbi network over the weekend. I have other devices that connect fine to Orbi, android phone, Ipad and Iphone, the macbooks in macos, and an older desktop pc running win 10, I have searched the knowledge base and tried a lot of remedies without success. CMD ipconfig release/flushdns/renew, reboot and factory reset of Orbi, update of firmware to to V2.5, then manually back to its current V2.3.5. I rolled back a recent win 10 update. On the affected laptop, I click the wifi icon on the taskbar and I can see the Orbi network, and it acts like it connects, but I cannot access the internet or even access the device by 192.168.1.1 When I look on the Orbi and check for connected devices, it lists the macbooks as connected.

I can access the old cisco  router I have prior to Orbi and both macbooks connect fine. The orbi is out of warranty, so I cannot get any support from netgear without paying for the extended warranty. Before I do that I wanted to see if I am missing anything. Thanks in advance for any help

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: 2 win 10 pcs wont connect to Orbi

This may not be helpful in your situation, however.....

I discovered by accident that using the Orbi "app" sometimes (in my case) results in a device being "paused" and access control being turned ON when I had set it to off.  I have no idea how this happened.  The strange thing is that Orbi allows a device to connect, assigns it an IP address, but then will not let it communicate - either locally or to the Internet.

Please look on the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab->Security->Access Control and see if these MacBooks show as "Blocked" and if Access Control is turned ON. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: 2 win 10 pcs wont connect to Orbi

@mike12384 wrote:

Hello-I have a couple macbooks that are primarily running windows 10, both suddenly stopped connecting to the Orbi network over the weekend.

Running Windows on Macs is well beyond my experience, but could it be that Windows is suddenly seeing the network as Public and locking you out?

This can happen to wifi and wired connections.

Look here:

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

Maybe you tried this. Telling us

I have searched the knowledge base and tried a lot of remedies without success.

isn't much help in diagnosis.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7