Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2nd RBS50 not showing connected

DougAEP
Follower

2nd RBS50 not showing connected

I have 1 RBK50 on V2.0.0.74 and 2 RBS50 satellites but only one shows connected on the web screen for the router.  The devices that are connected to the one that does not show up are connected via cable and show a internet connection but I get messages that the connection drops every once in a while.  Is it a problem that I only see one satellite?  Any know issues?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
Jack16388
Aspirant

The same problem has been for few months 😞

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 3
ronanh2002
Star

With my system I set up the satellites for the first time, I set them up in close proximity of the base unit.

Create a baseline speedtest with all units connected

Once they were synced I then updated all units with the latest firmware. Once that had completed I unplugged both units and set up my first satellite unit and verified connectivity. I then set up the 2nd unit upstairs ensuring that the blue ring came on the units.

Once the mesh was created I ran another speedtest and compared my results. This enabled me to tweek the mesh network for optimum placement. Running test to see performance.

Follow KISS rules:

1. Don't put sats near or behind other electronics.

2.Test/verify constantly.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7