Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2nd hand orbi registration

john-orbi
Aspirant

2nd hand orbi registration

Hi....I bought an orbi rb40 and it's been previously registered. Is there a way to unregister it? I am having trouble getting in touch with the previous owner and haven't heard back from the recommended contacts here. Maybe I'm impatient. It's only been about 24 hours.
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: 2nd hand orbi registration

@john-orbi wrote:
Hi....I bought an orbi rb40 and it's been previously registered. Is there a way to unregister it? I am having trouble getting in touch with the previous owner and haven't heard back from the recommended contacts here. Maybe I'm impatient. It's only been about 24 hours.

There are a LOT of Netgear community forums and I don't know how many moderators.  You sent a private message to one of them, correct?

Message 2 of 6
john-orbi
Aspirant

Yes. That is correct.
@Blanca_O was the recommended individual.
Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

She has always been good about getting back to me.  As far as I know, Netgear has not provided any other method for dealing with product registration issues.  Once a device is one year old, of course, the warranty has expired and there is no point registering it.

Message 4 of 6
john-orbi
Aspirant

Interesting. Maybe registration isn't my issue.
I'm trying to use to orbi app and I can't log in because it isn't one of the listed devices...
My understanding was that it can't be listed because it is registered somewhere else.
"Login failed" is what I'm continually seeing.
Message 5 of 6
john-orbi
Aspirant

Hi.
I'm still having trouble with my orbi.
I don't know if it's registration or not but I'm not able to use the orbi app...
I can't get past user name password.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7