Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

3rd replacement - ORBI is garbage

goldbondx
Apprentice

3rd replacement - ORBI is garbage

It's official I loathe NETGEAR.. 3rd ORBI unit decided to not resolve IP or domain names today. Incredibly slow connections or timeouts. Direct connect to modem works flawlessly. This after 2 botched RMA's and continuous WIFI drops on the original product that is less than 5 months. Cannot call support as they have changed my service contract to expired phone support as of March. This is complete garbage...I own Orbi, Arlo, and 2 intelligent switches. All will be updated reviews shortly..as soon as I can get back on the internet!
Message 1 of 4
jleecloak1
Apprentice

Re: 3rd replacement - ORBI is garbage

Have you tried the latest firmware update? I don't want to waste my time and install it if it's not going to work. I had a RMA as well.

Message 2 of 4
goldbondx
Apprentice

Been on latest. Complete reset appears to have resolved for now. Should have never happened. Had an asus rt56 that worked flawlessly for years. This product and it's support is complete and utter garbage.
Message 3 of 4
jleecloak1
Apprentice

I agree ASUS is has been great for me. I want to use my ASUS with my Orbi in access point mode.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7