Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

3x RBS50Y and all use same channel

FredjeV
Tutor

3x RBS50Y and all use same channel

Hi, I'm asked for help on a setup with a router and three Orbi RBS50Y's connected. All three satelites are using the same channel (11) as the router.

Is ther a way to set it up wareby the satellites use channel 1, 6 and 11?

As you can see in the picture there are far to many devices using channel 11

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 3x RBS50Y and all use same channel

Nope....how the system is designed. Remember this is extender/repeater kind of system. Not Separate AP signals, where you would try to keep channels far appart. Extender/Repeater have to broadcast on same channel. 

Distance between the RBS and RBR is key though. 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

No. Thats be designed when they are extending or repeating the signal from the RBR. They must be all on the same channel. 

Message 2 of 5
FredjeV
Tutor

Won't that interfere with other extender on which are using channel 11 too??
I always understood that you should keep the channels apart.
Message 3 of 5
FredjeV
Tutor

Is there a way of using them (RBS50Y) so I can set each of them.to a separate channel?? Or is there no need for that?
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Nope....how the system is designed. Remember this is extender/repeater kind of system. Not Separate AP signals, where you would try to keep channels far appart. Extender/Repeater have to broadcast on same channel. 

Distance between the RBS and RBR is key though. 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7