Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

Atlixnor
Guide

400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

Anyone knows why I get this from time to time? Especially if there is long time since last reboot, I believe.

Wifi is up running. Aslo cannot login using the Android app.. (get wrong password).Has someone taken control?

400 Bad Request

This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

I will turn off power manually now. I think this has sol

Message 1 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Orbi app? 

Message 2 of 35
Atlixnor
Guide

hi,

fw 2.5.1.16

FGM modem from Fiber vendor

yes, had just done factory reset and set up from scratch , but could not reapply fw after that, because there was no update in fw from what it was(would not reapply it)

AS I suspected, it all works again after hard reboot. 

Message 3 of 35
Mstrbig
Master

@Atlixnor wrote:

Anyone knows why I get this from time to time? Especially if there is long time since last reboot, I believe.

Wifi is up running. Aslo cannot login using the Android app.. (get wrong password).Has someone taken control?

400 Bad Request

This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

I will turn off power manually now. I think this has sol

The 400 error you are getting is rarely associated with Orbo or any other brand router. It is usually a client based error.

There are several root causes that can trigger the 400 Bad Request error .

malformed syntax, or a URL that contains illegal characters

corrupted files in the browser cache or problems with expired/corrupted browser cookies.

DNS data stored out of sync

upload a file to a website that’s too large for the upload request to be fulfilled

server-side issues

The possible fixes:

Check the Submitted URL
Clear Browser Cache
Clear Browser Cookies
File Upload Exceeds Server Limit
Clear DNS Cache
Deactivate Browser Extensions

Message 4 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

is this modem or ONT from your ISP just a modem or ONT or is there a built in router here by chance? 

You can always re-apply FW if need by downloading the files:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

Usually errors like this may come from a connection that was interrupted or something on the ISP side. 

Do you have Armor or Circle enabled? 

Try configuring different DNS on the RBR? try quad 1 and 9's 

@Atlixnor wrote:

hi,

fw 2.5.1.16

FGM modem from Fiber vendor

yes, had just done factory reset and set up from scratch , but could not reapply fw after that, because there was no update in fw from what it was(would not reapply it)

AS I suspected, it all works again after hard reboot. 

Message 5 of 35
Atlixnor
Guide

if it is client-based, why did the full reboot solve it?

Message 6 of 35
Atlixnor
Guide

is this modem or ONT from your ISP just a modem or ONT or is there a built in router here by chance? 

The modem is in bypas-mode, so no additional router.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

-But how? I got an error when trying. Also I thought I then have to reset to factory another time (this has been done 5-6 times now)

Usually errors like this may come from a connection that was interrupted or something on the ISP side. 

-Circle was enabled, Armor still is, and not sure how to disable it. The mesh was very unstable until I disabled Circle and "Access Control"

-Always used Cloudflare DNSs (1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1) + Google (8.8.8.8)

Message 7 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using when your trying to apply the FW files? I use IE11 or Edge or Firefox. Be sure to unpack the .zip files before loading. 

Armor maybe still causing problems. You can disable it from the Orbi app I believe. If you can get the app to disable Armor, do a full reboot of the RBR. Then check for this problem. A reset and setup from scratch maybe needed one more time, and this time don't enable Armor. 

@Atlixnor wrote:

The modem is in bypas-mode, so no additional router.

-But how? I got an error when trying. Also I thought I then have to reset to factory another time (this has been done 5-6 times now)

-Circle was enabled, Armor still is, and not sure how to disable it. The mesh was very unstable until I disabled Circle and "Access Control"

-Always used Cloudflare DNSs (1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1) + Google (8.8.8.8)

Message 8 of 35
Atlixnor
Guide

yes, I used Chrome, will try the others next time. Have you heard of problems using Chrome?

Aslo, didn't get the choice about Armour.

Message 9 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

You should see a notification about Armor when you reset and walk thru the setup wizard. 

Do you have the RBK50 series or a RBK50S model orbi system? 

Seen various odd probles with Chrome. I prefer not use Chrome for doing any FW updates. 

Message 10 of 35
Capstone66
Initiate

I've read numerous threads on this subject and other than FACTORY RESET... I've seen no real answers as to why this stupid Popup is ruining my ability to access my Router

1.  The Circle Pop-Up is as far as I  EVER get.... I try to "X" it out and it goes to "400 Bad Request"

2.  I did a full factory reset and STILL... it goes right back to #1!!

3.  I am in a damn loop of hell and now that I've reset eveything... I can't get half my devices back on the web... and I have three family members that work from home.

Does anyone have a different answer from "FACTORY RESET" or "USE A DIFFERENT BROWSER" because neither of these have worked.... and why the hell isn't NetGear helping us with something being pushed out?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 11 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW are you using? 

Was the FW updated automatically or thru the Orbi app recently? Possible that you might want to download  the FW files and manually apply them to the RBS then RBR. 

What browser are you using? 

Be sure you don't have any popup blockers enabled in your browser. 

If you wire connect a PC to the back of the RBR, disconnect the RBR from the ISP modem and factory reset the RBR, press the button for 15 seconds then release. Clear ALL browser caches. I recommend using IE11, Edge or Firefox browsers, you should be able to log into 192.168.1.1 and walk thru the setup wizard here. You can skip the full wizard and just input the security questions then get to the home screen of the RBR. Here you may see both Armor and Circle popup screens which you can close and not enable at this time. 

Message 12 of 35
Atlixnor
Guide

Since the reboot of the router (Does rebooting router not help in your case?), it has been working. If it happens again I will reapply the fw once again, starting with the 2 satellites. Last time I restored a backup (which contained Armour), so this time I will not do this, I will just take a picture of the optimal wifi settings.

Then I will empty the browser cache and use Firefox to reapply the fw on allthe 3 nodes.

But why has Netgear not come out with a new FW for such a long time? It must be close to 8 months now since the last fw?

Message 13 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

FW updates are no generally released on a monthly basis. Can be any where from 3 months to 9 months or more. Just depends. 

It's only been since Apr since v16 was released. Not that long. 

@Atlixnor wrote:

Since the reboot of the router (Does rebooting router not help in your case?), it has been working. If it happens again I will reapply the fw once again, starting with the 2 satellites. Last time I restored a backup (which contained Armour), so this time I will not do this, I will just take a picture of the optimal wifi settings.

Then I will empty the browser cache and use Firefox to reapply the fw on allthe 3 nodes.

But why has Netgear not come out with a new FW for such a long time? It must be close to 8 months now since the last fw?

Message 14 of 35
Atlixnor
Guide

Message 15 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 16 of 35
spacecadet72
Aspirant

Exactly the same here. 

Cannot login in with Chrome, Safari or with the Orbi iOS app. 

Is there a fix? 

RBR50

Message 17 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@spacecadet72 wrote:

Exactly the same here. 

Cannot login in with Chrome, Safari or with the Orbi iOS app. 

Is there a fix? 

RBR50

Message 18 of 35
Compuguy2142
Tutor

I have the exact same issue. What is the resolution?

Message 19 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using?

@Compuguy2142 wrote:

I have the exact same issue. What is the resolution?

Message 20 of 35
Compuguy2142
Tutor

Current Orbir RBR50V2 firmware version is V2.5.1.16. Connected to a Motorola Surfboard SB6121 modem on Xfinity. I know the firmware of the Orbi Router because I can get to the router home page, which displays the firmware version but there is a popup on the page about Circle. The rest of the home page not covered by the popup is greyed out and nothing is clickable. When I click the X in the upper right of the popup to close it with any browser, IE, Edge, Firefox or Chrome will bring me to a 400 Bad request page.

If I manually enter orbilogin.com/adv_index.htm in the browser I can see the advanced tab without interference from the Circle popup.

When I click on Administration\Firmware Update on the left menu of the Advanced tab page I get a 400 Bad Request. I also get a 400 Bad request when clicking on Administration\Attached Devices. All other menu items work.

I have not reset the router as others have commented that they still had 400 bad request pages after doing so.

I have not installed the firmware on the 2 sattelites either. Quite frankly, one would think you would have to do that from the router page? If not, I do not know how.

I actually installed the circle app on my cellphone, after not being able to log in to the orbi app and that did not change anything. I have downloaded the 2.7.1.60 firmware files for the sattelites and router to my desktop but, as I have mentioned, I cannot get to the firmware update pages to apply them. Thank you for your assistance.

Message 21 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. This time, don't enable Circle or Armor. 

Message 22 of 35
Compuguy2142
Tutor

FYI I did not enable either, just installed the app
Message 23 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

You can do this to update the RBS FW if you want to:

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR. 

I would avoid installing the Orbi or Circle app. 

I would manually re-load the FW on the RBR again, Then factory reset should be performed on the RBR, clear all browser caches then walk thru the setup wizard. Do not enable Armor or Circle on the RBR after completing the setup wizard. 

I would do this with just 1 wired PC connected to the RBS and RBS for FW loading. Disconnect the RBR from the ISP modem while you do this. 

Message 24 of 35
orbi2491
Aspirant

I'm in the same situation. The CIRCLE appis broken and it's not letting me pass through. 

Did you find any solution to the issue?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 25 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7