Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

400 Bad request after update 2.3.5.32

daDozer
Tutor

400 Bad request after update 2.3.5.32

Why do I always run into some error when I update firmware on these devices? I went through hair ripping frustration last time with no internet connection, solving the solution with a manual update.  I updated and now I can't access my router setup. I keep getting "400 bad request" when trying to access through orbilogin.net. I tried the app, and seems I can't even login as it's not recognizing my username and password.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 27
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 400 Bad request after update 2.3.5.32

Message 2 of 27
daDozer
Tutor

Hello Fury, I believe you have helped me in the past. I am running into more issues since my firmware update. Please assist me as I am working and going to school from home now, and I need access to the internet. I have an RBR40 and an RBS40. Recently, I updated the firmware to 2.3.5.35 on both devices. Previously, Ive had no issue with dropped connection or anything. Ever since this update, I have reset both devices, manually pushed the firmware update after downloading the files from netgear. The devices are continually dropping connection, but will reconnect after 5 minutes. Sometimes, the lights on the devices are blinking white as if they restarted randomly, and sometimes they don't blink at all but I have no connection, I have to restart each device and when they reboot I have connection again. I've dealt with my ISP and determined that they are not the issue. 

Everytime I update my firmware, I run into issues with these devices. Please assist me in getting this fixed. When these are working, they are great. But when you guys push out an update it gives me hell. 

Message 3 of 27
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Do you have Circle or Armor enabled on the RBR? 

v35 version as applied from the RBRs web page seen there? I don't see v35 FW being available on NGs download site. Hmmmm

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 4 of 27
daDozer
Tutor

It is firmware version 2.3.5.32. My modem is an Arris TM3402A. I've tried disabling what you recommended above with no success. I don't have circle, or armor enabled.  I use a wifi analyzer and am using a channel that is unoccupied by any neighbors.

Message 5 of 27
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you get the FW from the FW update section of your RBR? Was it auto pushed or did you have it update upon seeing that there was an upate available? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update? YOu might do this and also power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds then back on. Then walk thru the setup wizard with a wire connected PC and web browser at 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com

@daDozer wrote:

It is firmware version 2.3.5.32. My modem is an Arris TM3402A. I've tried disabling what you recommended above with no success. I don't have circle, or armor enabled.  I use a wifi analyzer and am using a channel that is unoccupied by any neighbors.

Message 6 of 27
daDozer
Tutor

Yes I downloaded it from the firmware section for my Rbr40. There was a text box to select your model and in doing so it brought you to a page you could download 2.3.5.32 firmware for both the RBR and the RBS.

I've actually performed a complete reset several times. I manually push the firmware update through with the img files downloaded from netgear. I've did also power cycle my modem after reset.
Message 7 of 27
FURRYe38
Guru

You might downgrade to v30. I see v32 on NGs support site. Seems like you maybe having problems on v32 and need to downgrade to v30...

Message 8 of 27
daDozer
Tutor

Alright thank you, could you provide me a link to the firmware download so I make sure I download the correct one?
Message 9 of 27
FURRYe38
Guru

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK40.aspx#download

Select on Prior Releases...you can download the RBR and apply it, You don't need to downgrade the RBS...Use IE11 or FireFox browsers for this. 

Factory reset the RBR after v30 is applied and setup from scratch. 

Besure to clear ALL browser caches before starting the setup wizard. 

Message 10 of 27
daDozer
Tutor

Hey Furry, so I downgraded the firmware, reset, and setup from scratch with the guidelines you provided. I'm still having an issue. Sometimes, when I lose connection I notice the ring on the RBR starts to blink white. Othertimes I lose connection, this is not the case. After I lose connection I've been looking at the logs and noting the itme of disconnection, I haven't seen a pattern yet. Although, when I do lose connection, around the same time in the logs I notice a DoS Attack RTS scan, or a DoS Attack ACK scan. 

Any other suggestions?

Message 11 of 27
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you able to pull the battery from the isp MODEM and fully power it OFF for 1 minute then back ON? 

I would contact your ISP and have them check your service line to be sure its working correctly. 

Are the DDOS attacks from a out side IP address or internal? if an external IP address, you might have your ISP change the WAN IP address on the modem. 

Message 12 of 27
daDozer
Tutor

Yeah I've spoken to my ISP and have eliminated it being on their end. I've power cycled the modem several times as well, that includes removing the battery and denying all power to it. The DDOS attacks are from different outside sources, usually Alibaba or Apple. When the lights on the Orbi router blink white, does that mean it is powering up? I know pink/purple means loss of connection doesn't it?

Message 13 of 27
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 14 of 27
daDozer
Tutor

Any other suggestions you can provide besides getting a new mesh system?
Message 15 of 27
daDozer
Tutor

It seems to be getting worse, I am dropping connection more frequently and I've noticed when I'm losing connection now that the RBR begins blinking white, and the RBS is blinking magenta. In the past I've been able to speak to a technician on the phone, they were able to help me solve my problem before, is there anyway I can get in touch with a technician again so I can get this sorted out? If I can't get this worked out soon I'm gonna have to start looking for a new product.

Message 16 of 27
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact a forum moderator and see if they can help you. 

@Blanca_O 

I would file a support ticket here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBW30.aspx#

Ask about a RMA. 

@daDozer wrote:

It seems to be getting worse, I am dropping connection more frequently and I've noticed when I'm losing connection now that the RBR begins blinking white, and the RBS is blinking magenta. In the past I've been able to speak to a technician on the phone, they were able to help me solve my problem before, is there anyway I can get in touch with a technician again so I can get this sorted out? If I can't get this worked out soon I'm gonna have to start looking for a new product.

Message 17 of 27
daDozer
Tutor

Hey Furry, so I feel like I'm getting so close. I've tried firmware 2.3.5.30, with no success. I think went to 2.3.1.58 and it was solid for 3 to 4 days, not a single disconnect. It's definitely the firmware. The only problem is, the system auto updates. I am back on 2.3.5.32, and my system is disconnecting again.

Will netgear get this issue resolved and put out a new update? Seems I'm one of thousands of users with this issue.

Is there a way I can disable the auto update feature?

Message 18 of 27
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@daDozer wrote:

Why do I always run into some error when I update firmware on these devices? I went through hair ripping frustration last time with no internet connection, solving the solution with a manual update.  I updated and now I can't access my router setup. I keep getting "400 bad request" when trying to access through orbilogin.net. I tried the app, and seems I can't even login as it's not recognizing my username and password.

Why did you update?

Message 19 of 27
daDozer
Tutor

Why? Because I got an email from netgear saying there was a security update I needed to run.
Message 20 of 27
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@daDozer wrote:
Why? Because I got an email from netgear saying there was a security update I needed to run.

Not clear on why they send those out.  You didn't have to update.

However, the only firmware updates you NEED are those that NG pushes automatically.

You may need to revert back to your previous version.

Message 21 of 27
daDozer
Tutor

I've tried several different firmware downgrades over the past week or so. When I found one that worked, it didn't disconnect for several updates. Until my devices updated to the most recent firmware automatically. Any suggestions?
Message 22 of 27
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@daDozer wrote:
I've tried several different firmware downgrades over the past week or so. When I found one that worked, it didn't disconnect for several updates. Until my devices updated to the most recent firmware automatically. Any suggestions?

what does this mean..."Until my devices updated to the most recent firmware automatically."

look for the version you last had that was stable for you

Message 23 of 27
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with NG support. THis maybe more then just FW, If your seeing problem still with prior FW, then something else is going on. Most users on v30 havn't had too many problems like this being reported from what i've seen. 

If your back on v32, try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. Be sure to power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds and back on as well. Also try turning down the power output on the RBR. Try 50%. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@daDozer wrote:

Hey Furry, so I feel like I'm getting so close. I've tried firmware 2.3.5.30, with no success. I think went to 2.3.1.58 and it was solid for 3 to 4 days, not a single disconnect. It's definitely the firmware. The only problem is, the system auto updates. I am back on 2.3.5.32, and my system is disconnecting again.

Will netgear get this issue resolved and put out a new update? Seems I'm one of thousands of users with this issue.

Message 24 of 27
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I would make contact with NG support. THis maybe more then just FW, If your seeing problem still with prior FW, then something else is going on. Most users on v30 havn't had too many problems like this being reported from what i've seen. 

If your back on v32, try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. Be sure to power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds and back on as well. Also try turning down the power output on the RBR. Try 50%. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@daDozer wrote:

you missed this part from the OP:

"Why do I always run into some error when I update firmware on these devices? "

Message 25 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7