Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

401 Unauthorized Access

coptechs
Tutor

401 Unauthorized Access

Recently I've been getting an error trying to log in to the Orbi router via web GUI. The login window pops up, I enter my credentials (and yes, I am using correct password) and Chrome stops responding for a good solid minute. Then I get the screen below. After I go through the password recovery on the next screen, I can usually get in.snip_20180104202807.png

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: 401 Unauthorized Access

Did you try another web browser?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
coptechs
Tutor

Yes, happened in other browser too though it hasn't happened again since I posted this. Weird.

Message 3 of 7
Mayhugh1
Apprentice

I often get this using Safari. A second try, though, always bring up the correct login page.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 4 of 7
la79
Apprentice

This has been happening to me a lot lately also. Did you ever find a fix?

Funny thing is that it never used to happen before.

Message 5 of 7
malicarr
Initiate

Just found this thread guys. Similar problem with only some (but always the same) websites giving the 401/log into server response. Interestingly I when I took my Orbi out opf the loop and coinnected directly to my modem/router the problem was not there. Also when using my Iphone/Ipad/Android device on wifi at work I have no problem accessing sites.

One of the sites I cant access is the Apple App store which is a bit frustrating to say the least.

I didnt have this problem when I first set my system up & have tried a hard reset (including deleting & reinstalling my orbi app) without success and am now awaiting contact from support.

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 6 of 7
malicarr
Initiate

Just to update, after posting above I found a comment on another forum & followed their advice - set my Orbi to AP mode.

It worked a treat & no further problems - Im a happy bunny (but still waiting for Netgear support to respond to my request for support!

Check link below for setting up Orbi as AP:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/3603/

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7