Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

401 Unauthorized

imberest
Aspirant

401 Unauthorized

Strange, seems like everything with Netgear is falling apart. I can not even type in the forum without any problems. So I have RBR50 which is connected to Virgin Media router(AP mode). I used to have always issues with this RBR50 system, not very happy about them. Anyhow, I was browsing internet, just a daily stuff and my internet died, thought again some sort of DDOS attack on my router, tried to log in and got message 401 Unauthorized Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication. We can help you reset your router's admin password. You need your router's serial number, which can be found on the router label. Enter your router's serial number in the field and click the Continue button. Enter the router's Serial Number: (You can find it on the router product label.) Would post an image but I cant, coz writing in HTML....

Since then I can not log in. Changed my credentials, asks to enter Serial number, followed that procedure, nothing. Keeps returning to that address http://192.168.1.1/unauth.cgi

Did a reset, setup from scratch, nothing... Lost all my config...........................

So pissed on this **bleep**...

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 401 Unauthorized

I don't use Chrome as historically, has not worked well. I use MS Edge and Firefox for FW updates and most router web page operations. Opera for some router operations and configurations changes. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 15 seconds then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 7
imberest
Aspirant

Hello Furry,

Thanks for quick reply.

Did all that and still get to same page

aaaaaaaaaaaaa.PNGIt just happened out of nowhere. I have not entered wrong passwords or anything like that. 

Message 3 of 7
imberest
Aspirant

Hmmmm...

Just tried on Edge, all works as should.

Is it Chrome started to do stupid things?

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I don't use Chrome as historically, has not worked well. I use MS Edge and Firefox for FW updates and most router web page operations. Opera for some router operations and configurations changes. 

Message 5 of 7
imberest
Aspirant

I have so many smart devices... DHCP setup etc... Start from scratch, omg..

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Once it's all set up again, I highly recommend doing this:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

I would make one prior to enabling Armor or Circle. Then make one after. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7