Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

404 Not Found when using Mobile Phone

Katkynz
Aspirant

404 Not Found when using Mobile Phone

It's all been set up and the signal is fine. The laptop connects to the internet but when I try to connect on a cellphone it comes up with Error code 404.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: 404 Not Found when using Mobile Phone

Does this Vodafone modem have a built in router by chance? 

if it does,

Try one of the following,

Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

I would try #3 first...

@Katkynz wrote:
It's a Vodafone Modem and when i connect directly to that, the internet works fine.
4 people have tried connecting to the Orbi with varying types of phones and it says the same on all of them. Some things work like Facebook and Google but when you go into actual websites, it comes up with the error code or asks for a password.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What Mfr and model is this cell phone. Do other cell phones exhibit the same problem? 

Try to do a reset on the phone or reboot the phone. 

Forget any previously connected SSID names then try to re-connect. 

Message 2 of 7
Katkynz
Aspirant

It's a Vodafone Modem and when i connect directly to that, the internet works fine.
4 people have tried connecting to the Orbi with varying types of phones and it says the same on all of them. Some things work like Facebook and Google but when you go into actual websites, it comes up with the error code or asks for a password.
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Does this Vodafone modem have a built in router by chance? 

if it does,

Try one of the following,

Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

I would try #3 first...

@Katkynz wrote:

Message 4 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@Katkynz wrote:

You need to check if you have double NAT.

Please open a Command Prompt on any computer connected to Orbi and type:

tracert 8.8.8.8    (traceroute to Google’s DNS server)

If you see two private IP addresses listed in the first two hops then you have double NAT. If you see only one private address and the second hop shows a public address, then you’re all good. 🙂

Message 5 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@Katkynz Any luck with this?

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Looks like you identified the problem at the modem. Let us know what you did to get it working so others will know for future reference. Hope it works well for you. 

Smiley Wink

@Katkynz wrote:

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7