Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

404 error

jgoecke
Aspirant

404 error

I see multiple posts about this issue and even though is says the issue is solved I never really see a solution, or on that I can make sense of.  Im not a tech idiot and really want to fix this.  I see all this about setting the Orbi from Router to AP but see no way to do this.  This 404 error is very annoying and really makes the system useless.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: 404 error

Yes, there have been dozens of posts.  Each situation may be a bit unique.  It will help if you describe:

• When do you receive the 404 error?
    When browsing to any/every web site?
    When browsing to the Orbi web interface?
    Using Mac, PC, iPhone, Android phone (all of them)?
  • Exactly what is your Orbi connected to (brand/model)?
    Is that device in "bridge" (passthrough) mode or router mode?
  • Is the Orbi in router or Access Point (AP) mode?

Thanks

Message 2 of 7
jgoecke
Aspirant

Seems to happen with all devices but mostly when going to a link inside another page. I can get to the homepage of a site but then a link to another part gives me the error. Apps like ESPN do not work either on phone and when I turn off WiFi it does. It is not set up as a bridge and I don’t know how to set up the Orbi in AP mode. I do have the WiFi turned off on my router. It is a zyXEL from metronet. I may be able to contact them to set up as a bridge router but would like to just change orbi to AP setting.
Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Orbi can be put into AP mode using the web interface.  On the Advanced Tab

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@jgoecke wrote:
Seems to happen with all devices but mostly when going to a link inside another page. I can get to the homepage of a site but then a link to another part gives me the error. Apps like ESPN do not work either on phone and when I turn off WiFi it does. It is not set up as a bridge and I don’t know how to set up the Orbi in AP mode. I do have the WiFi turned off on my router. It is a zyXEL from metronet. I may be able to contact them to set up as a bridge router but would like to just change orbi to AP setting.

Message 5 of 7
jgoecke
Aspirant

Problem resolved. Finally got to website and switched to AP mode. Thanks for help.
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7