Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

#43770657 closed without NETGEAR completing email notification as instructed follow up

QuickDraw
Aspirant

#43770657 closed without NETGEAR completing email notification as instructed follow up

#43770657. Received email notification that case closed. I was informed to wait for email on #RMA for returning product for 1 time replacement for Hardware problems due to current Nighthawk WIFI update. 

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: #43770657 closed without NETGEAR completing email notification as instructed follow up

@QuickDraw wrote:

#43770657. Received email notification that case closed. I was informed to wait for email on #RMA for returning product for 1 time replacement for Hardware problems due to current Nighthawk WIFI update. 

Since none of us actually work for Netgear, the ony thing that appears to work in this situation is to contact one of the forum moderators by clicking on their screen name (moderators have that "capital N" symbol after their name).  Put the relevant information in a private message to one of them. They seem to have a direct line to someone inside Netgear who can look into things.

Message 2 of 4
QuickDraw
Aspirant

Re: #43770657 closed without NETGEAR completing email notification as instructed follow up

I did finally get through after much navigation, Robotic phone services. Finally received help without being rushed off phone. I own 4 NETGEAR Routers. Product performance is great until a Security update issue is released. I don't think that they test results until customers complaints. A update of firmware should reset the unit erasing database stored then a New reprogramming operation can be installed to avoid conflicts of software protocols
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

NGs intent is to update FW on routers and the router should continue to work, and most of the time this works. However, users are given the option to factory reset the router with the reset button. Though this maybe also used for clearing passwords, it's also for cleariing out any user configurations and any lingering prior FW code. This is a recommended troubleshooting step after all other troubleshooting has been exhausted. Most of the time a power OFF for 15 seconds then back ON of the router after a FW update is performed is suffiecient enough, however newer FW may bring some incompatibilities with older FW and user configurations, thus problems maybe seen after a FW update. Thus a reset will be needed. Usually this resolves problems seen after a FW update. 

I personally always factory reset and setup from scratch after a FW upadate. Good operation afterwards. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7