Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 6+ months.....Where is a functional app???

AniDutta
Apprentice

6+ months.....Where is a functional app???

Netgear: when can we expect a decent functional app? The Genie app has been updated, but Orbi isn't supported. The Orbi app is basic and offers no real functionality.
Message 1 of 8
JMU1998
Luminary

For now it is useless but hopefully Firmware updates will enhance features.

Message 2 of 8
Random12
Apprentice

The app is compatible with Orbi and it does function, I can confirm this as I use it from time to time (I used it this week). All I ever do with it however it go to the network map and disconnect my kids devices from the Internet (or re-enable) when the've been on their devices too long. I can't confirm all of the other functions. But if something doesn't work, you should be more specific.

Regards

Message 3 of 8
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Hi Random12

Can you please confirm whether you are referring to The Genie app or The Orbi app ?

Many thanks

Message 4 of 8
AniDutta
Apprentice

Hi Random12,
I can't login to the router using the genie app using iPhone on iOS 10.3.1 and on Nexus 6. Keep getting message that router not found or not supported!
Thanks.
Message 5 of 8
DenverChuck
Initiate

The discussions are very confusing. There is an Android Orbi App for setting up Orbi, but not for managing Orbi. Genie says Orbi is not covered. Some say they use Genie to manage Orbi.

What gives?

Message 6 of 8
OrbiMan
Luminary

Genie works for me. Network map and all
Message 7 of 8
DenverChuck
Initiate

I tried Genie with Orbi and it is working, including the map. The management features are not as risch as with the browser version, but it does work.Thanks!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7