Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 80 plus connected clients

C00PERMAN
Aspirant

80 plus connected clients

Hi all,

i have a very large network with around 120 devices in total, this normally runs between 75-85 connected at the same time, around 50 of those connected devices are connected via wireless, will the orbi be able to handle this amount of connected devices?

i am currently using 3 AirPort Extremes, once 80 devices connected, random devices loose connection but only on the 2.4ghz band.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
C00PERMAN
Aspirant

Forgot to mention most of these devices are smart home gear, smart plugs cameras etc, so not high bandwidth devices such as game consoles and media streamers 

Message 2 of 5
ekhalil
Master

Your Orbi system can simultaneously support up to 250 clients under most conditions. If your household has users who use a lot of bandwidth for activities like HD video streaming and online gaming, you will experience better performance when a maximum of 50 clients are connected to your Orbi network.  

Your WiFi performance can vary due to the following factors:

• Internet connection speed
  • Distance between router and satellite
  • Distance between router or satellite and wireless devices
  • Building construction
  • WiFi interference from devices like cordless phones and microwave ovens

Reference: https://kb.netgear.com/31097/How-many-devices-can-my-Orbi-system-support

Message 3 of 5
C00PERMAN
Aspirant

Thanks, I did already see that answer, was just hoping on this forum somebody had a similar setup in the real world 

Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@C00PERMAN wrote:

Thanks, I did already see that answer, was just hoping on this forum somebody had a similar setup in the real world 

I have almost 50 devicessimultaneously connected and I see no issues with that.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7