Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 90 Day tech support? How do I get access?!

stevekatz
Follower

90 Day tech support? How do I get access?!

Bought an RBK50 Orbi mesh network yesterday and am having nothign but trouble setting it up. The product is suppsoed to come with 90 days of free tech support via email, chat, phone - but NONE OF IT IS actually available via the Netgear site. Worse than useless customer service. I'd like to hear from tech support asap. If not, forget it I'm returning it.

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@stevekatz - Thank you for your feedback. I have sent you a message. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

~Christian 

Message 3 of 9
Pureedfruit
Initiate

I too am trying to get my ORBI RBK50 working and found that NETGEAR tech support have simply spun me aroundin circles. I am trying to get my RBK50 to connect to my PLUSNET (a UK ISP) HUB ONE router WAN port by cable. I understand this router to be a SAGEMCOM fibre router derivative in which the critical (at least as far as connecting the RBK50 is concerned ) "Bridging" feature has been made not operable in the PLUSNET version, which is why the RBK50 will not connect to the Internet, which makes it pretty useless.

I am no techie so what I would like to know is:

Is my understanding correct so far ?

If so what other options do I have ? e.g.

Are their suitable fibre routers that do support bridging, and if so which ?

Is there an alternative way of connecting the RBK50 to the HUB ONE ?

Any help will be much appreciated.

And before you ask YES I have contacted PLUSNET who simply washed their hands of the problem and refered me to NETGEAR.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 5 of 9
MelB
Aspirant

I too have been hugely disappointed by the degregation of NETGEAR tech support. Terrible! And after 90 days, it gets worse. I even subscribed to Gearhead Support, and waisted hours on the phone before solving one problem myself. Fortunately, I was able to cancel my subscription and the company gave me a full refund. I love my Orbi system but there is little support.
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have a problem with your Orbi? If so, please make a new post and we'll try to help you out here in the forums. 

@MelB wrote:
I too have been hugely disappointed by the degregation of NETGEAR tech support. Terrible! And after 90 days, it gets worse. I even subscribed to Gearhead Support, and waisted hours on the phone before solving one problem myself. Fortunately, I was able to cancel my subscription and the company gave me a full refund. I love my Orbi system but there is little support.

Message 7 of 9
hk510
Aspirant

Too funny. We have to ask here for the phone number for tech support??

PLEASE PROVIDE THE PHONE NUMBER FOR THIS HEADACHE 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend setting up a support account and registering your product with your account. Then you'll see all the support information you need:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Good Luck. 

@hk510 wrote:

Too funny. We have to ask here for the phone number for tech support??

PLEASE PROVIDE THE PHONE NUMBER FOR THIS HEADACHE 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7