A quick summary of a factory reset of RBK50 after 22.214.171.124 firmware update
As I had used "telnet" to modify some NVRAM settings earlier on after an unplanned firmware update to v44, wanted to start fresh based on a rumor that newer firmware will no longer auto update. The method I chose was using hardware reset.
- Ensure all devices are off the network. Verified using iOS app and remote connection.
- Cold start RBR50 and reset button with paperclip. Wait for initialization to complete.
- Cold start RBS50 and reset button with paperclip. Wait for blue ring to display.
- Used primary desktop PC to login to web GUI. I know in my case it's going to be 10.0.0.1 for ATT Internet products. A message will greet user indicating the LAN subnet was successfully changed to avoid conflict with host device.
- Ran though the setup screens to see them in action. You'll be asked to provide a password for the Orbi and some security challenge questions.
- Modifications made to base configuration include disabling 20/40MHz coexistance, disabling daisy chain topology, enabling all three advanced wireless options, enabling IGMP support (needed for IPTV users), and applied address reservation for the RBS50 to kwwp ir on 10.0.0.2.
- Did another cold start of both Orbi boxes for good measure.
If there are any notable changes I can directly attribute to factory reset over update, I'll add those notes to this thread.
Orbi RBK50 in Router mode, fed by 100/20 Mbps VDSL2 connected Arris BGW210 gateway in IP Passthrough