Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC Power Adapter

mrdbarnes
Aspirant

AC Power Adapter

I purchased an RBR20 Mesh router with 1 Sattelite from Costco. The specs I was looking for were not on the package but I took a chance. MOST of the equipment I purchase have power adapters that accept input voltages of 110-240V. Alas these power adapters only operate to 120V Input.

I brought my unit down to Paraguay before I discovered this. I am using voltage step down transformers but they are cumbersome. Does ANYONE know if Netgear sells 240V input capacity power adapters that I can use here with my RBR20?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

Re: AC Power Adapter

I have rerad where the US power supplys are 240 compatible, but I don't know for sure.

So as to not take the risk of blowing it, You could get one off Amazon or other sites for around $20 US.

Any generic power supply with the right volts and enough amps will work as long as it has the right "tip" size and (+/-) polarity.

Message 2 of 7
mrdbarnes
Aspirant

SOME of the Netgear adapters are 240V compatible but the one supplied with THIS model indicates the voltage range ONLY to 120V. Netgear is non-responsive as to whether or not they have a 240V adapter for this unit.

As I mentioned, I have voltage transformers in use and what a PAIN to seach a match for V/A/and tip. Next "upgrade" I will be more careful. A pity that the tech specs are not printed on the box like many other devices.

Thanks for your reply!

Message 3 of 7
mith_it
Luminary

I bought one of these and works great. Make sure you check the power output 

Message 4 of 7
mith_it
Luminary
mrdbarnes
Aspirant

Thanks,

Are you using an RBR20 Mesh router? The voltage output on the 120V supplied unit is 1.5A while the Amozon uint you listed is 3.5A. the I have not yet measured the pin size. Being overseas, I have to use a 3rd party re-shipping agent (added fees) so returning items I cannot use is 2x extra cost. I am sad that NETGEAR has NO response to my inquiry. I see many of their devices have 110-240V adapters and was surprised to find the limitations of the adapters supplied.

Thanks for your feedback

Message 6 of 7
mith_it
Luminary

No I'm using it with an RBS50. I just looked at power and polarity 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos