Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2200 (RBK44) 4 pack system

ehsiii
Aspirant

AC2200 (RBK44) 4 pack system

I am getting the AC2200 (RBK44) 4 pack system . Are the satallites that come with 4 pack sytem the RBS40 wirless range exstender?

If the RBS40 is different . Would this be good for a barn beside the house?

Do the satelittes that come with the 4 pack system have ethernet jacks?

What is the best cable modem for theis? provider is Xfinity

Thanks for the help

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: AC2200 (RBK44) 4 pack system

its pretty much ideal if you have them wired with an ethernet backhaul. If you're putting one of the rbs20's in the apartmet side of the barn (low dust/moisture) you should be fine.  

In terms of the cm1000, I'd recommend it. I've got one and it works great. It also allows you the ability to upgrade to faster speeds without having to upgrade the modem in the future. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

It should be the RBR40 and 3x RBS20's per what it shows for the rbk44 listing on netgear's site.

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbk44.aspx

The rbs20 has 2 ethernet ports on the back. 

The rbr40 has 1 wan port and 3x lan ports. 

The questions on the barn? Thats tough to give an answer on. We don't know distance its crossing, materials its made of, exposure to elements (rbs50y is the outdoor satellite), wifi interference, even how dusty it is in the barn. 

In terms of modem, what speeds do you pay for? This article from @Dustin_V  goes over modem speeds by provider.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/How-to-Buy-a-Cable-Modem/td-p/1810489

Message 2 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@ehsiii wrote:

..... Are the satallites that come with 4 pack sytem the RBS40 wirless range exstender?

RBK44 consists of 1 x RBR40 (Router) and 3 x RBS20 (Satellites)

@ehsiii wrote:

If the RBS40 is different . Would this be good for a barn beside the house?

The RBR40 and the RBS20 are indoor units and can't be installed outdoor.

@ehsiii wrote:

Do the satelittes that come with the 4 pack system have ethernet jacks?

Yes, the RBS20 has 2 x LAN Ethernet ports. Please note that the RBR40 Router has 3 x LAN Ethernet ports

@ehsiii wrote:

What is the best cable modem for theis? provider is Xfinity

Any cable modem with no router capability is ok. Please check with the ISP that the modem has no built-in router.

Message 3 of 7
ekhalil
Master

@plemans , sorry, it seems you and I were typing at the same time. 🙂

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

@ekhalilNo worries! I frequently end up doing the same on other posts. 

Message 5 of 7
ehsiii
Aspirant

The Barn is more storage with a apartment up top made of wood would be about 150 feet from the main router . It is 10 feet of the main house about 1500sf I am planning on using the Ethernet Backhaul to hook them all up .

The cable modem my xfinity package is 100mps per sec . Its better than that but thats what they say.. I have been looking at the CM1000 for the cable modem ..what do you think about that ?   thanks for the help guys

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

its pretty much ideal if you have them wired with an ethernet backhaul. If you're putting one of the rbs20's in the apartmet side of the barn (low dust/moisture) you should be fine.  

In terms of the cm1000, I'd recommend it. I've got one and it works great. It also allows you the ability to upgrade to faster speeds without having to upgrade the modem in the future. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7