Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2200 vs AC3000 with ethernet backhaul

BH121
Follower

AC2200 vs AC3000 with ethernet backhaul

I am setting up wifi in a new house which has ethernet cabling installed.  Therefore I am planning on ethernet backhauling.  What I cannot figure out is if there is any advantage of purchasing the RBK50 with the AC3000 over the RBK40 with the AC2200 if I ethernet backhaul.  

On a slightly related note, using Costco for the Orbi, I can effectively get a 3 piece Orbi set up (AC3000 or AC2200) for the same price as a non-wifi router and a 2 piece Orbi setup on Amazon.  Any advice on going with the Orbi as a router and two sattelites versus a non-wifi router and two Orbi units as APs?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and any assistance anyone is able to provide. 

BH

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System, RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC2200 vs AC3000 with ethernet backhaul

The specs are listed here: https://www.netgear.com/orbi/

Mostly the wifi connection rate is 1.7Gb between router and satellite while the other is 866mb. This is only the connection rate between router and satellite.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7