Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC3000 Daisy Chain

debas
Aspirant

AC3000 Daisy Chain

I know very little about set up and tech procedres but I'll try to be as specific as I can.  I just set up the AC3000, RBK53. I have logged in to orbilogin.com and find my Firmware is 2.2.1.210 and "enable daisy-chain topology" is checked. I have the router and one satellite in my house and the second satellite in the guest house about 60-70' away. How can I know if the satellites are working as a daisy-chain or not ? Does the fact that "enable daisy-chain topology" IS checked mean they WILL connect as a daisy-chain or does it mean they have the option and will automatically choose the best connection (daisy-chain or star) ?  The reason I'm asking is, I wanted to place the second satellite in the center of the guest house but when I did it seemed just out of range.  I moved it to a closer room and it's working now but if I can get possibly another 20' of range by daisy-chain set up that is what I'm looking for.  Thanks !

Message 1 of 2
ekhalil
Master

Re: AC3000 Daisy Chain

In the web GUI (orbilogin.com) you will see a list of all your satellites and if these are connected to the router in star topology or to other satellites in daisy chain as follows:

Untitled.png

You can also see the same information in the Network Map in the Orbi app.

If you have Daisy Chain enabled then each satellite will have the option to connect to the router or to one of the other satellites depending on the level of the backhaul signal received by the satellite from each of those nodes. 

If Daisy Chain is disabled only the router will broadcast the hidden backhaul network, while if Daisy Chain is enabled all satellites will also broadcast the hidden backhaul network.to allow other satellites to connect to.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7